Milk

MooNoi

Do you drink milk?

I love milk. People I talk to seem to be split 50-50 on it: love it or hate it.

I have continued to drink milk ever since I was a little fellah right through to now. :thumbup:

I've tried to switch to the low-fat versions, but they just taste too watery and shite, so in Bangkok and LOS I buy the dark-blue coloured MEIJI milk and it tastes great.

Here in Cambodia until tomorrow, and I can't get any fresh milk - only that UHT in-the-carton stuff and it's driving me crazy!!

I've also found a really icy-cold bottle of milk is great in the morning for a hang-over. :thumbup:

That was one thing I really liked about when I lived in the UK: the milk in the glass bottles with the foil lids and the cream on top... fucking lovely! AND delivered by a milk-man! (Do they still have those bottles in the UK? Come to think of it, do they still have milk-men?)

Love milk!! :D

Munchie... what's the milk like in Dubai? Does it come from camels??

:)

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moo Noi, I must admit I do enjoy a glass of milk.

In fact I've just had a couple of orange drinking yoghurts (which contain milk) with my lunchtime sandwiches.

I also well remember the bottles of milk with the cream on top. As a lad I used to get down to breakfast before everyone else so that I could pour the cream off the top onto my cereal or porridge. Of course that was only when the blue tits didn't get it first.

Nowadays I drink low fat milk and am so used to it that I can't go back to the full cream stuff. Teddy on the other hand drinks the skimmed stuff, which is basically just coloured water.

Milk in Dubai is predominantly of the bovine variety but camel milk is certainly available and is meant to be much more nutritious than cows milk. 3 times as much Vit C.

ca.jpg

My best experience with milk was in Indonesia (no I'm not talking about the pregnant girl in the basque and sussies, who didn't look pregnant but was, whose nipples squirted milk everytime I squeezed her breasts) at the Jakarta Highland Gathering where they had a Whisky Susu (milk) tent. Getting pissed on whisky topped up with cold milk is very pleasant.

Guest lazyphil

yep still have milkmen and bottles with foil lids!

yep, i love milk, try blending a banana, 3/4 pint of milk (i use skimmed, of course!), soaked oats in more milk, 1 weetabix, scoop of whey powder, some fruit like blueberrys or strawberrys etc.......kick starts the day.

Guest lazyphil

i do about 3 or 4oz of them, i'm not sure how much time u need to soak them, i do the night before i go to bed, that does the trick.

My daughter loves weet-bix with milk, but in LOS won't eat em, she says the milk tastes yuk... my wife just feeds the weetbix to the dogs instead...

Almond milk is great if you can be bothered, blend water and almonds in a blender until you have a milky consistancy.

Fatty...

Archived