Cutting the girls' headline salaries

torrenova

From my experience:

- beer bars: (not talking about freelancers who get only commissions) the full time staff.

Fixed salaries vary widely.

Ranging from as low as 2k/month (maybe even lower but not where I have been) to as much as 8K.

About "salaries cut"

Some bars (usually paying big salaries) cut the salary if the girl does not reach her quota of drinks and barfines.

Usually bf: The girl has to be barfined between 4 to 6 times/month, for each "no barfine" the cut varies from 200 to 400bht.

drinks: the number of drinks range between 60 to 80.

A cute girl easily reach these levels even during

"very low season"

Gogo bars: Same principles but minimum barfines and drinks are more often enforced than in beer bars.

Once more, a cute gogo dancer can easily reach the minimum.

Soi 33: some bars enforce minimum bf and drinks some not.

Lets take an example:

This bar pays the ladies 4-6k fixed salary, they enforce a policy of 80 ladydrinks minimum or there is a salary cut of 60 bht per drink not made.

Other example: Champagne room. Salary 8K

Ladies have to be barfine minimum 4 times and get 80 LD if not there is a cut of 500bht/barfine

and 60bht/drink.

G-clubs: The question is irrelevant.

The numbers of seat is not important, the beauty and ability of the girl at being barfined/offred drinks counts.

CT

The size of a place as reference to quotas is immaterial. It is the girl who has the quota, not the seat.

What you are saying is that Supermodel A Gogo (40 Seats) and Living Dolls Showcase (128 Seats) can require the same quotas? Yes it is the girl who has the quota but when a place is maxed out with 40 people and a another one with 130 people they can't have the same quotas since the smaller place has only 1/3 of the capacity. The smaller bar would be a pressure bar, too many cuts makes them desperate, bothering your customers, and at the end they go to a place where they have more customers!

CT

The size of a place as reference to quotas is immaterial. It is the girl who has the quota' date=' not the seat.[/quote']

What you are saying is that Supermodel A Gogo (40 Seats) and Living Dolls Showcase (128 Seats) can require the same quotas? Yes it is the girl who has the quota but when a place is maxed out with 40 people and a another one with 130 people they can't have the same quotas since the smaller place has only 1/3 of the capacity. The smaller bar would be a pressure bar, too many cuts makes them desperate, bothering your customers, and at the end they go to a place where they have more customers!

I get your point but the business model can be to profit from drink sales, barfines or a mixture of both. Some places have a deserved reputation as having girls who want ST only and I believe places in Pattayaland tried the "double barfine" scam when barfining LT in the afternoon.

I know what you mean but you are saying the 300% increase in size is with the same number of girls. Increase the number of girls, as you must, then the multiple decreases though I agree it may never reach the same level as the smaller place.

I don't hold the argument that an individual girl can have a higher quota just because the workplace is larger. I do agree though that the salary system and makeup will differ but the bottom line is that after cuts, there is probably little in it.

I am interested in what the cuts are. take a LD at Bt120, which costs Bt30 and the girl gets Bt30. If she fails to reach her quota, is she cut Bt120 (the customer price), Bt90 (the house retainer after her commission), Bt60 (the house profit) or some other figure ? Same same with barfines.

There are a couple of different models out there

the most popular seems to be a multi level tiering system. 10 drinks short 600 baht deduction (house profit) 20 drinks short 1200 baht etc

Then there are places that don't have quotas at all (like the one that is owned by a Star Trek Captain) because it is not about lady drinks, it is about customers enjoying the action. For me a concept I like most, customers feel comfortable by not getting bothered. No barfine Quotas either, girls that only do shows and refuse upfront to go with a customer get 3k cut off!

All this doesn't help you because you are running beer bars, there is no real stage action, it is ALL about the drinks and most likely the salaries are about 4k instead of 8k to 16k.

In this case it might be very hard to deduct too much for a girl that is usually doing a good job by keeping the beer col, cleaning the glasses etc...!

There was a short period of time where I considered to buy a bar at Soi3. I am a very good friend of the mamasan and she is going to work at my joint! She had to leave since she had some issues with the owner. However she told me that the best concept was to up the girls commission to 40 baht, they installed a quota of 60 drinks and when she didn't meet the quotas her comission of her next months drinks would be deducted! That was pretty effective!!!!

You know the girls, she might have a weak month or was barfined a lot, can't meet her quotas anyways... she will most likely not attend everyday and freelance for the rest of the month to make up for the up coming salary cut! Now when she sold a drink and knew it wouldn't be payed it was a useless drink in her eyes. She learned the value of the drink and in the 2nd month all girls have met their quotas. The bar I am talking about is pretty much the same size and aprox the same amount of girls and customers as your at the Pier!

Too heavy salary cuts make them runaway!

CHRIST!There must be some girls,come the end of the month who actually owe the bar money :(

Then there are the mamasan's who expect some "tax" from their girls l/t,s/t payments!:cussing:

Thai's not only rip off faranges,they rip each other off as well!

No wonder some of these girls turn very hardcore :soapbox:

Lusty,

"Then there are the mamasan's who expect some "tax" from their girls l/t,s/t payments!

Thai's not only rip off faranges,they rip each other off as well!"

From what I have heard over the years many 'Mamasans' act as loan sharks for the BGs. Also some act as agents for the girls wanting this 'service' and the Mamasan gets a cut of each successful BF facilitation she provides by helping steer punters to certain girls in the bar. I've heard this a few times as well. Many of the newer girls to the bar scene come to the bar with nothing in their pockets and the Mamasan will make them loans (with interest of course).

I've also heard of Mamasans that act as 'hock shops' for those girls with some gold they want to borrow on, much like the gold shops will do at certain interest rates for the 'guarantee'. Usually they'll charge a lower interest rate on the loan than the gold shops will, so the girls will use the Mamasan instead of just going to a gold shop to do this borrowing. The straight loans are at a higher rate of interest than the 'guaranteed' loans with gold used as collateral.

There's quite a few ways a smart Mamasan can make money off the girls in her bar.

Cent

Cheating mamasans I've seen both in thai and farang owned bars so the mamasan is just boss for the girls, bigger bars also have managers at the same level.

Else the system is complicated many thai bar owners are old BGs living with a sponsor and often have relationships with a thai man, LB or girl beside. They often recruit the new BGs from their home village, often also from their own family. In those cases cheating the girls isn't possible else the owner risk to lose face.

Elef is correct!

The Mamasans are usually recruiting the girls in the most bars. That is why in many bars the entire staff changes when the Mamasan has to leave! A silly concept that is, the girls are more important than anything and you don't wanna put it into the hands of a woman. Pattaya doesn't have many bars where the bosses are out looking for their own girls, those few who are doing it have the best ones!

The Mamasan is supposed to be the boss of the girls or how we call it the babysitter. Lek, our Mamasan, is a great one since she is more a friend/spy, she acts like a friend and reports problems back to us. She can handle the small issues but a real problem will be handled by one of the farang managers or the boss!

Mamasans acting like loan sharks? Pretty new to me since I know their salary, it doesn't seem possible unless she is lending the money of the bar and does it with the approval of the owner. However there should be one golden rule, no loan to the girls, you loan to one of them and they all want some and you have a hard time to explain why another girl got something and she doesn't. Completely stay out of their money issues!

Archived