why is TB dude not in jail..

togaduke

the asshole lawyer KNEW what he was doing ,

its damage control time now , he knows that he is iin deep shit,

Bet next week he will be crying on the couch with Oprah :( (Oprah will not been there)

The best thing is it shows the weekeness in the system , both the medical side and the security side,

Thayts also the worse thing because now Homeland security will be able to take more of out rights away...

Who of us will be the first to be in quarantine for bird flu and be stick living at your arrival airport for a few weeks while they figure it out,

They already have this planned at LAX :(

OC

living in a "free" country

"Who of us will be the first to be in quarantine for bird flu and be stick living at your arrival airport for a few weeks while they figure it out,"

This guy wasn't offered quarantine by Homeland Security. Instead, he was 'kicked out' of the country. If he didn't go to Canada and somehow was able to get thru the Canadian border, he probably would never be allowed back.

That scenario could happen to any one of us. Scary isn't it.

But at least we know now that the no-fly list consists of others besides terrorist suspects and that the list is really a no-travel list.

As for no-list, the USA is thinking of having a no-work list. If you get on the list, you can't work. WTF

Now my question is: if a person gets on this list while overseas, it appears they can get to Canada okay just as long as they have a flight that stays out of the USA arports, but what about going to Mexico. Is there any flights to Mexico from Asia that do not have stops at USA airports?

As a matter of fact Aeromexico flies non-stop from Tokyo/Narita to Tijuana, Mexico.

Talk radio here is going nuts with this story. Big debate as to what he should have done, and "what would you do if you knew you needed to get back to the USA for medical help...?"

Bottom line is, this selfish jackass was ALLREADY in the USA, and decided to leave! The way I see this, he should pay some price for all of this...he had no right to put others at risk, and was just acting in his own selfish interests.

I disagree.

He was sent a letter of the seriousness of the problem, but only after he had left the country. If the problem was serious initially, he would have been hospitialized. He wasn't.

Once he was told he was banned from the USA and they were not going to do anything to help him out, he decided he would try entering the USA by whatever means he could. Livng a life as a man without a country may sound appealing, but when the money runs out, then what?

If you were in his shoes, would you have taken honored the USA's decision to bar/ban him from the USA, possibly for ever, without a fight?

To me, this shows another aspect of the USA's health system and also shows that the no-fly list has expanded beyond that of watching for terrorist suspects to that of shit listing almost anybody. The no-fly list now includes ground transportation.

I know myself, when I came down with MRSA, another contagious drug resistance health problem, I was notified 5 weeks later by mail. The letter said I had MRSA and did not mention anything else, especially that of taking health precautions. So far, I have not been told of any health precautions I have to take, although there are some. Yesterday, I had a long discussion with a person in the health care profession. If I or anybody else should show up at the hospital with MRSA, and even if we mention we have MRSA, we are allowed to mingle with the populace in the waiting room without any precautions. At that point, it is not a problem, or at least as far as the hospital is concerned. But once we are admitted into the hospital, we are given a private room (isolation) and precautions are taken. She and I just could not understand this policy, it is a brain fart. But if you check the CDC website, it does give precautions a person is suppose to take. I asked the health care profession if MRSA should be handled like this form of TB should be handled, and she said yes, as far as she could see. If this form of TB can put a person on the no-fly list, then MRSA should also.

Otherwards, more confusion. Figure it out, I can't.

Archived