Crazy Logic At Fuji

MooNoi

OK, my 2 penneth.

The manager was wrong. It is not down to the customer. The customer should never know.

The customers should not have to pay.

I actually ate at Fuji today and had a steak set (Joy had a different set). The coffee and fruit is included in the set.

Would I have paid ? No. Sorry but not my fault so tough shit. I don't reckon that there is such a shortage of jobs in Thailand that someone has to work under those conditions. Certainly in Pattaya there are more jobs than applicants.

Should the employee be docked ? Probably though I suggest that the fruit actually was in the set menu and therefore they were perhaps trying to scam Moo Noi.

I'd email Fuji head office wherever it is and tell them.

Sorry but pass the buck to the westerner every time and if you guys keep picking it up we'll never move forward.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the kind of topics that really show up oners true color & feel about LOS & life in general :)

Surprised none mentioned the possibility of the customer being in the wrong e.g. not having checked his set offer fully or perhaps not making 100% sure with staff that accepting fruit & coffee was indeed free as part of his set meal?

One thing to note about Fuji though is that long lines often form outside & thus waiting time to even get into the restaurant at peak hours like lunch, so somehow they must do something right;)

I like their food, but often feel the service is much more rushed & poor compared to the average food joint!

Would I have tipped? Certainly not!

Would I have paid for the extra items? Yes if they could show me the pricing info of the set clearly NOT including fruit & coffe :-)

Surprised none mentioned the possibility of the customer being in the wrong e.g. not having checked his set offer fully or perhaps not making 100% sure with staff that accepting fruit & coffee was indeed free as part of his set meal?

If he was told the items were included in the price, then even if they weren't listed as such on the menu, should he have to pay? He could have requested a menu but assumed the server would be knowledgable and truthful.

About fuji:

I was a regular customer at fuji emporium (bkk).

Although a regular there it often happens that something is wrong (not int the bill mind you)

although I must admit that having worked previously as manager in hotels and restaurant I am maybe more aware of the "wrong things".

-> things that went wrong:

- Forgot my girlfriend's order.

- forgot my drink

etc.....

I of course did not play the "ugly farang", although my thai girlfriend was about to burst and shout at them....

I just pointed to the manager that there were a few things going wrong -> she did not even apologize and did nothing to ensure that our orders arrive promptly......

(the restaurant was not full at all)

This is the same almost in every eating place in bkk so I do no care too much......anymore

After going there twice we just switched to fuji rama IV.

Although service not perfect the staff is really great.

Now, about the OP problem:

Which set was it? You should notice that there is a difference between what is included in the fuji steak set and the "simple" steak lunch set etc...

What a good manager should do?

Smile, apologize and put the mistake in the "losses" of the day. (a fuji restaurant makes enough money to be able to sustain the "huge" loss of 90 bht minus the profit so let's say they lose

around 8-15 baht in term of real products costs.

Although: Have to admit that the thai vision of

"customer service" does not fit the idea of good service......

(read: We at fuji (management) make a load of money, we always have our restaurants crowded so we do not give a shit about service and repeat customers and implement stupid rules like:

If the worker did something wrong then he/she has to pay for it.......)

In my case: Although personaly I would have been really upset I would not have said anything.

-> Just would leave no tip and would not come back

If he was told the items were included in the price' date=' then even if they weren't listed as such on the menu, should he have to pay? He could have requested a menu but assumed the server would be knowledgable and truthful. [/quote']

Absolutely. Remember that they take the menus away from you after you order.

Honestly, who is going to say "can I have a menu and check that?" when they are told by a waitress that the items are included in the set?

Probably about 99% of people would assume the information being provided by wait-staff is correct and true.

I didn't mean to check in the menu when ordering the fruit, but when the bill disagreement arose. What I meant to double check with the waitress saying 'free' is either adding just 1 extra question to see if she really understand what I was saying keeping in mind TIT & all :-)

Anyways was at another BKK restaurant recently & was surprised to see they automatically deducted 10% of the full bill as they felt the service was too slow (I ordered 3 dishes, but had to ask for the 3rd a 2nd time). Of course I left the standard 20bt tip & was a very happy & surprised customer ;)

Archived