Morris Dancing

The_Munchmaster

I suggest those who think Morris dancers are gay -- though admittedly it does look decidedly poofy -- walk up to them some time and tell them that. Let me know, so I can video tape the results!

You're on Flasher. Next time I see some of them in Dubai or LOS I will tell them face to face that they're a bunch of homos. sml (11).gif

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gentlemen,

I am aghast and appalled at the comments I have seen on this posting board regarding Morris Dancing. Let me assure you their is nothing "pooft like" about it.

Morris Dancing has it's origins in the spring time fertility rituals, and is indeed a part of the mating process. Morris Dancing is a fine and proud tradition and I shall challenge anyone to mock it directly to me! Do so, and I shall have proper satisfaction!

Of course nowadays I suppose one of a certain element would indeed find it "PC" and "cool" to mock those traditions which have given Britain our unique culture. I pity such types.

Best Regards-BST

http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/customs/questions/mayday.htm

as mentioned before a tradition 100's of years old and celebrates the beginning of summer.

and let's not forget the fast vanishing Maypole Dance.

very popular among schoolchildren and another celebration of summer.

but due to health and safety idiots it is slowly being banned around the country.

reasons vary from the kids might trip up and scrape their knees to not allowed to have kids of both gender dancing together.... :question:

• 3 weeks later...

I started a post about Morris dancing a couple of years ago and tried to form the Nanaplaza Morris Men so at least I could justifiably wack Spirit of Townhall and the Village Idiot around the head with a bloody great stick!

As Sayjann says,these blokes are not poofy and they spend every weekend,all summer long going round the pubs getting pissed for free:cool:,usually drinking that shite called "real ale" :barf:

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently when England suggested that the All Blacks "Haka" was not right, a suggestion that the All Blacks would be happy to see the English do a Morris dance in return, didn't go down well....

HAKA.jpg

Cheers

Coss

Archived