What just happened to my laptop?

teddy

A few moments ago my laptop made a little popping noise and then hey presto there is a one inch strip running down the middle of the screen ...... Does this sound fixable? the damn thing is out of warranty by a few weeks also :mad:

:hmmm: It sounds to me like a blown fuse or perhaps a valve has short circuited. Frankly I think you're fucked. :thumbdown:

.....I had a Sony Vaio from work but the thing literally fell apart it was built so bad.

It was hardly Sonys fault, after all they probably assumed that most people would carry their products in their hand luggage and not put them in their suitcase to get thrown around by the baggage handlers. :rolleyes::shakehead

Is the powerbook the same as a MacBook?

Sorry. I'm not an apple expert. I believe that powerbooks have been retired and they are all macbooks or macbook pros nowadays. Powerbook was still running motorola chips and the new macbooks run Intel core duos. I meant macbooks when I said powerbook.

I owned a Sony Vaio once. I will never ever ever buy another Sony computer product. The main problem is that Sony seems to love proprietary technology. The fan on my Vaio was so loud and so I decided to replace the power supply with a much quieter model. Lo and behold, Sony is just about the only PC manufacturer that uses non-standard powersupply sizes. Same with memory stick and all that other crap they like to introduce.

I have a sony camera and the proprietary memory stick costs almost double the competitor. Back when manufacturing quality was a real issue, I used to love Sony. But nowadays, with the Koreans building better equipment and the Americans not far behind, I avoid Sony.

my vaio served its puprose, now changed to acer, their cheaper and more of the shelf components

the vaios screen is unsurpassed and at that time was the first to offer dvd-rw burn on a laptop

the acer costs 50% of a top of the line with same specs ( 2 GB / 160 G, wide screen/ weight)

now let it last 75 % of the time an IBM or Dell would last..

Archived