FOOTBALL SEASON 07/08

sayjann

and MU were the last PL Team to concede a Penalty this Season.

Manager of the Year 'normally' goes to the Manager of the Team winning the PL.

on rare occasions it has gone elsewhere so a bit early to call it.

Players Awards tonight.

Ronaldo won the double last Year and will he make it 2 Years in a row?.

i don't agree that the Players award has to voted on before Xmas.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't believe what I have read this morning concerning the penalty, in Fergies own words:

"The ball was going to Rio (Ferdinand) anyway. The boy has not lifted his hands above his body. It hit his hand, I accept that, but to give that kind of decision in a major game like that, and minutes earlier Ronaldo was manacled by the throat by Ballack at a corner kick and Carrick is brought down from a cut-back.

"If the game is going to be decided, and if we are going to lose the league because of penalty kicks, we may as well quit now. It's a major blow to us that, a ridiculous decision.

"I think it's a disgraceful decision to get a penalty kick against you in a major game like that on the linesman's say-so."

What an absolute prick, he has never been able to take a defeat with any dignity.

It was a clear feckin penalty! was it the first given against ManU this year? I can't remember any others?

And why the feck shouldn't a linesman alert the ref to the penalty, that's his job.

What an absolute alcoholic red nosed prick this guy is. :wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker:

Well done Chelsea, you were the better team and earned the win fair and square.

You feeling alright ? praising chelsea ? :sad:

Yes clear cut. Even Alan Hanson said so, so it must of been.

And yes it was the first penalty given against united this season. As for Ballack / Ronaldo, as Hanson says if you give a penalty for those, there would be 6 a game....

I'll add about Carrick too. It was him who lent into our player. Seems to me Fergie is beginning to crack....maybe he is starting to see things.

We beat United fair and square.

One thing I did notice is how ordinary United are without Ronaldo. We dominated the game until he came on. If I was a Man USA fan, I'd be fearful that you are relying on one player to change the game about...

And what about that save by Scheva.....

and MU were the last PL Team to concede a Penalty this Season.

Manager of the Year 'normally' goes to the Manager of the Team winning the PL.

on rare occasions it has gone elsewhere so a bit early to call it.

Players Awards tonight.

Ronaldo won the double last Year and will he make it 2 Years in a row?.

i don't agree that the Players award has to voted on before Xmas.

Manager of the year should go to Grant...Injuries, 1st team keeper out for a while, yet still he is vying for the Premiership & CL title...

Probably wont win either, but to be in this position considering the bad press he has been getting certainly merits getting the manager of the year trophy...

as i said earlier some Penalty decions are down to interpretation by the Officials.

in the Everton/Villa game today there was a similar incident where a Villa Player was hit on the arm by the ball.

not a lot of difference in the 2 incidents but 1 Ref/Linesman will give a Pen and another will not.

i'm not moaning about MU losing to a Pen as they have been fortunate to have been awarded some dubious Pens over the Years.

it's just a pet hate of mine when Refs are so inconsistent.

but Chelsea deserved the win and i have no problem with saying that.

I think it was more to do with the distance the ball had travelled, if it had been a few feet away then it probably wouldnt of been given....as the ball travelled a good 25 yards, carrick had time to move out of its way....he didnt and there ya go....

not quite 25 Yards,that's around 80 Feet.

no one will ever convince me that the ball travelled 80 Feet before hitting the arm.

are you saying that the distance between the ball kicked and hitting the arm was 80 Feet?.

Carrick wasn't even near the 6 Yard box when the ball was played towards him from a few Feet outside the area.

but that's not important,Chelsea won and deserved to do so.

end of story.

but the results from the Weekend are not important to 2 PL Players.

Frank Lampard lost his Mum and then this happens.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article_id=562253&in_page_id=1811

not quite 25 Yards,that's around 80 Feet.

no one will ever convince me that the ball travelled 80 Feet before hitting the arm.

are you saying that the distance between the ball kicked and hitting the arm was 80 Feet?.

Carrick wasn't even near the 6 Yard box when the ball was played towards him from a few Feet outside the area.

but that's not important,Chelsea won and deserved to do so.

end of story.

but the results from the Weekend are not important to 2 PL Players.

Frank Lampard lost his Mum and then this happens.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article_id=562253&in_page_id=1811

Your being picky now SJ, it travelled a fair distance, lets leave it at that....

Archived