FOOTBALL SEASON 07/08

sayjann

Oh had Van Persie been healthy all year, I think Arsenal would have been comfortably in the driver's seat of the Premiere League Championship. I know Adebayor stepped up and scored 20 goals, but Van Persie's goal per minutes played ratio is astounding.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Toxin speaks out today, seems he's reconsidering Erikssons position:

"I'm not happy with the performance of the club in the second half of the season.

"We will look at it at the end of the season and assess the club and the people involved. We'll probably have to sell some players and buy some new ones."

read the full article here.

come on Faustian.

i admit MU were crap in the 1st half but they controlled the 2nd and if not for Friedel would have won easily.

i was happy with the draw,MU's record at Blackburn is bad,2 wins in 10 Games.

a loss would have been worrying but a draw is OK at the moment.

we can afford to lose at Chelsea and still win the PL.

but a win will hand us the PL,even a draw will be favourable.

maybe results in the CL Games will decide who is more confident on Saturday.

Chelsea have a slight advantage by staying in the UK and having an extra Day's rest.

MU have the hassle of travelling to Spain and a Days less rest might make a difference.

i would expect MU to beat West Ham at home,but they beat us last Season......... :cussing::banghead:

but things were all over by then and not important.

Wigan away is dodgy but should be a win.

i think Chelsea could slip away to Newcastle.

Newcastle have improved no end recently and with the crowd behind them might upset Chelsea.

but neither Team can afford to lose 2 Games or lose 1 and draw 1.

but it's interesting in the race for Europe.

Zaad's beloved Villa have suddenly hit form and are catching up on Everton.

and next Weekend they play each other,a win for Everton will kill off Villa's dream but a Villa win will take them above the Toffee's.

I'm getting really nervous about saturday, I've got a feeling Chelski might sneak a win. Ever since the Portsmouth game we are missing so many sitters(especially Rooney). We are creating the chances but we fail to put them away and one of these days its gonna cost us dearly. West Ham have beaten us on the last 3 occasions so I'll be taking nothing for granted there. I'd be very happy with a draw against Chelski and one more win after that will give us a tenth prem title. :devil:

MU are doing well in the Goals Dept.

they have failed to score in 5 Games all Season and 2 of those were Domestic Cup Games.

they have scored 39 Goals in the last 20 Minutes of Games this Season and 24 of those have come in the last 10 Minutes.MU have scored 101 Goals this Season in all Competitions and a quarter of the Goals have come in the last 10 Minutes.

this shows that they attack until the very end and try for that maybe vital Goal.

look at the Newcastle Games,11 Goals scored and 5 scored in the last 10 Minutes.

shows that they are prepared to attack and look for Goals even though the Game has already been won.

in contrast MU have only conceded 2 Goals in the last 10 Mins all Season and only one of the Games(West Ham)resulted in a loss.

this seems to show that MU are far stronger in the latter stages and are attacking until the very end.

MU will always create chances and yes they are wasteful many times,but the stats show that if you create chances then you will score Goals.

some stats for you(all Season).

Games failed to score in...........

Arsenal 5

MU 5

Chelsea 10

Liverpool 10

Goals scored in the last 10 Minutes.......

Arsenal 35

Liverpool 28

MU 24

Chelsea 14

Goals conceded in the last 10 Minutes.......

MU 2

Arsenal 8

Chelsea 8

Liverpool 9

i agree that many of the Goals scored or conceded in the last 10 Minutes had no effect on the final result,but then again many did.

Thanks for those stats, very interesting. I agree with most of your points, especially the one you made about us wanting to score up till the last minute. In recent years I've felt that once we were 2 or 3 goals up we would take our foot off the pedal, make some subs and play keep the ball. This season(and to some extent last season) however we do try to entertain up to last minute and that is very pleasing for the supporters.

What are your predictions for the Barca game(s) and the clash at the Bridge? :devil:

Man Yoo has the title. The goal differential is an additional point. Man Yoo can lose to Chavski and just have to win the last two games against WHU and Wigan. Very doable. Chels looking vulnerable right now. Essien carrying them by the scruff of the neck the last couple matches.

a narrow loss at the Nou Camp would not be too bad,i fancy MU to do the business at OT.

2 Goals difference will be difficult to overturn,but MU done it in 1984.

i have never seen MU beat Barca after watching 4 Games in the 2 stadiums.

i've seen a 2-2 and a 3-3 at OT and a 3-3 and a horrendous 4-0 loss at the Nou Camp.

good piss-up though in Barcalona that Night........ :yay:

but i still feel that Barca are going backwards at the moment and MU have a good chance of a result at the Nou Camp.

depends what Team Fergie puts out,1 designed to win or 1 designed to limit the damage.

Archived