DESERT ISLANDS DISCS

sayjann

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ok,enough of the sarcasm Mr.J...... :down:

don't forget you were the 1st to fuck the thread up by listing 10 LP's and not 5 as stated in the opening post...... :banghead:

can always trust an Aussie to spoil things...... :grinyes:

ok,to make it simple for anyone else thinking about the question,forget the desert island.

your house is on fire and the flames are quickly reaching your record collection.

what 5 singles and 5 LP's would you save before the whole lot BURN..... :onfire:

A thousand groveling apologies sayjann , time for an eye test I think.

My five singles... hmmmm

Most would be on the albums.

Whiskey in the Jar Thin Lizzy

Will you love me Tomorrow The Carole King version

Burning Bridges Mike Curb Congregation.

The Boxer Simon and Garfunkel

Sunday Morning Coming Down Kris Kristopherson.

Okay, but did anyone save the weed when the ship went down?

Albums:

1.) Electric Ladyland - Jimi Hendrix

2.) A Momentary Lapse of Reason - Pink Floyd

3.) Abraxas - Santana

4.) Thingfish - Zappa

5.) Elegant Gypsy - Al Dimeola

Singles:

1.) I Put a Spell on You - Creedence Clearwater Revival

2.) Monkey Man - Rolling Stones

3.) 21st Century Schitzoid Man - King Crimson

4.) Fuck Yourself - Steve Vai

5.) Sleepwalking Through the Mekong - Dengue Fever

Cent

By the way, did any women survive the sinking? (Fuck the house fire scenario, I'd just go buy new music anyway, or download more.) And Sayjann, you dinosaur, while vinyl is great, CD's and/or MP3 is a lot easier to carry while swimming for the deserted island. And much easier to play on the Ipod or walkman CD player. But I get what you are saying and looking for. :D

Thing is 5 is so damned few. I like so much music and variety as well. I didn't get to take any Beach Boys, Beatles, Jazz, Blues, world, thrash, speed, Spanish guitar, etc. But, the albums I chose I could listen to forever, and have really. From Vinyl, to 8 track, to cassette, to CD, and now MP3.

Cent

As others said grab the I-Pod I have over 400 Albums on my 30 GB, but if I was to loose that no big deal.

Having lost data many years ago I am Belt, Braces and String now, everything is on my PC at home, I have back up HDD's in my safe in Pattaya and also back up of everything on DVD at the in-laws.

I have about 6,000 Albums total in Digital format now, there is no way I could choose 5, its bad enough deciding on 400 on the I-Pod if I am away from home base for a few weeks.

ok,ok sorry if the task was quite hard for some of you....... :cover:

but 2 reasons why i asked the question.

one was that on the original radio programme you were limited to a certain amount of records.

and i was thinking of the late,great John Peel who was probably the best DJ the UK has produced.... :worship:

he had a box in his house which contained 147 singles.

this box would have been the first thing he rescued from any disaster after his family.

the singles were his faves from over the Years and he said that 98% of the records had never changed but obviously some were changed over the Years as tastes changed.

but at any given moment he had his faves.

and just for Cent.......... :wave:

which 5 Women would you save from a sinking ship?.

Archived