Falang network

AF16

Recent personal favourite...some big fat drunk english bloke in a bar in BKK...seemed to be having some problems with the staff. As i speak a bit of the lingo, i offered my help, being friendly and all. The reply was to square upto me and say, 'why don't you mind your f*cking business and f*ck off'. I thought he was going to take out his frustration on me and clobber me, so i quickly removed myself to an area of safety. He continued to argue nonsensically for around 45 minutes. He was highly aggressive and downright nasty. I learned my lesson. He got removed by security after coughing up the cash for his considerable tab.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Yeah, it's just one of those situations where one never seems to win when offering 'help'. Either the punter gets angry at you, or the Thai staff get angry at you for your interference. Best to let them battle it out themselves usually and watch the fun over your beer at a safe distance."

Amen!

Kojis - I think you know the strip of bars in Ban Chang, no? One of the now defunct bars there insisted that some random farang stranger with whom I had exchanged maybe a few pleasantries was 'my friend' when he buggered off without paying. Logic being that he was a farang, I am a farang. Ergo I am responsible for him and his bill. Luckily it was Ban Chang and not Pattaya.

Memo to self: Go home earlier.

Archived