Falang network

AF16

I met the angriest farang in Thailand once. The guy was just ...angry.

This was in the middle of the day in one of my local bars. Often normal people get stranded there while they are waiting for (or have just missed) a boat to Koh Samet.

This guy was in his 60's and just such an angry bastard that we gave up on him. He said (angrily), "I don't speak to falangs!" which was all fine and dandy as far as I was concerned:

I don't speak to cunts.

(Actually, he wasn't that bad but I got the impression that he had been stung back in the UK and badly.)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 'angry farang' continued. I was at a Bangkok hotel breakfast buffet and heading to my table with a plateful. As I was just about to sit down I heard someone speaking from a table on my left and thought he was talking to me, as he was then sitting alone. I said "sorry?" as I had not heard clearly what he said. He answered abruptly and with some anger in his voice; "Wasn't talking to you." Whatever. I then noticed his Thai companion approaching the table and she sat down. He continued to verbally abuse her in the most humiliating way. She never said a word, accepting everything passively, but the sad look on her face said it all. The guy was older, around 65 I would say. I wondered at the time what had happened in his life to make him so bitter, to spout such venom. I wanted to tell her to run from that guy as far as she could. What a downer.

Reasons to avoid farangs in LOS,

1) Another ex CIA/FBI/KGB/SF etc. retiree.

2) Needy, clingy guy that sticks to you like gum on a shoe.

3) Beggar wanting X thousands of baht to get home.

4) Wants to sell shares in a biz.

5) Looking to run up a tab and leave you to pay.

6) Running a "Nigerian" scam. CIA money. Diamonds.

The 'angry farang' continued. I was at a Bangkok hotel breakfast buffet and heading to my table with a plateful. As I was just about to sit down I heard someone speaking from a table on my left and thought he was talking to me, as he was then sitting alone. I said "sorry?" as I had not heard clearly what he said. He answered abruptly and with some anger in his voice; "Wasn't talking to you." Whatever. I then noticed his Thai companion approaching the table and she sat down. He continued to verbally abuse her in the most humiliating way. She never said a word, accepting everything passively, but the sad look on her face said it all. The guy was older, around 65 I would say. I wondered at the time what had happened in his life to make him so bitter, to spout such venom. I wanted to tell her to run from that guy as far as she could. What a downer.

Yeah, I was having breakfast at Nana Hotel last November and I noticed a guy sitting eating on his own â?? looked like a real loser: unshaven, bog-brush hair, eyes on stalks, crumpled clothes and chugging on a beer at 8AM! :drunk: â?? muttering fruity obscenities at anyone who passed near his table and generally being obnoxious. :cussing:

The I blinked and glanced over again and realised I was looking in a mirror. :o

jack :help:

There's a right slimey twat that used to hang about in Cathouse.

I met some of the lads there a couple of years back and he'd sort of adopted them. When the lads moved off I stayed 'cos I had to get back to my place and couldn't do the bar crawl thing. This arsehole stayed for a couple more beers, regaled me with his success story in Bangkok and how he was a 'financial advisor' (insurance salesman or boiler room conman) then he too went off - and landed me with his bar bill.

Bad move really. Saw him in there again about 3-6 months later. He claimed no knowledge (of course) and I left it at that but he soon scurried off.

I wouldn't have given him the time of day normally. It would seem his M.O is to lurk around tourist areas and play the ex-pat ex-spurt.

Looks like...Salman Rushdie. Oh, yes.

<< 7) Scientologist, Mormon, or Amway guy. >>

A Mormon missionary told me once they were instructed not to bother the Farangs. Figured we were all a lost cause or something.

:dunno:

p.s. He also told me the reason you always see them in pairs is so they can keep an eye on each other. Their church doesn't trust them alone, since they might be "tempted".

:evil:

There's a right slimey twat that used to hang about in Cathouse.

I met some of the lads there a couple of years back and he'd sort of adopted them. When the lads moved off I stayed 'cos I had to get back to my place and couldn't do the bar crawl thing. This arsehole stayed for a couple more beers, regaled me with his success story in Bangkok and how he was a 'financial advisor' (insurance salesman or boiler room conman) then he too went off - and landed me with his bar bill.

Bad move really. Saw him in there again about 3-6 months later. He claimed no knowledge (of course) and I left it at that but he soon scurried off.

I wouldn't have given him the time of day normally. It would seem his M.O is to lurk around tourist areas and play the ex-pat ex-spurt.

Looks like...Salman Rushdie. Oh, yes.

There's a dickend of that irksome ilk that used to hang about like a bad smell in Cathouse whom I initially thought you were (very accurately) describing there, cock, then he used to turn up in the downstairs bar that the bird who used to run Cathouse (then married a falang, a Dutchman I think, :clown: and pissed off to Amsterdam or wherever it was with him) worked at after she left Cathouse, can't remember its name, nor hers :drunk: ... )

Anyway, this clown was/is British, in his early 40s, kind of ex-public schoolboy type (i.e. comes across as a potential shirtlifter :o ), always droning on about how he's got "properties" and "business interests" in Hong Kong/Singapore/Pattaya/Chiang Mai/London/You-f*cking-name-it-he'll-have-a-tedious-yarn-about-the-sodding-place. :doah: One of these crushing bores who (to paraphrase old Kingsley Amis) doesn't talk to you but, rather, just talks at you. :cussing: But take your eyes off the bastard for one minute and he's off like a scolded cat leaving you with his bar tab. :mad: The birds at Cathouse used to hate the c*nt and grimace behind his back and whatnot. When he did a runner and left me with his tab, I offered to pay, but they mai-pen-rai-ed it :) and said they catch the f*cker next time he poked his head round the door in search of some other mark to con. :nono: They knew his game. :down:

He wasn't in NEP the last couple of times I've been in BKK (whereas, before, he was a permanent fixture), so maybe he got the message or somebody did us all a favour and punched his lights out. :applause:

Didn't look like Sal Rushdie. More like Tom Hanks in Forrest Gump mode, the gormless swindling c*nt.* :rolleyes:

jack :help:

* Not Tom Hanks, the Cathouse feller.

Jack old pal,

I remember just that guy, he hit Sillycunt and I up for a few bucks one night. I was happy to just try and ignore him. Sillycunt demanded he dance for it, which he did...Silly cunt then demanded a "lap dance" which he got...it was difficult to watch and photograph, when it was over, Sillycunt had a very strange grin on his face, and headed off to the short time romm, the weird kid in tow...best we not comment on it too much, I am sure Sillycunt would be quite embarrassed if such a thing got out...

Archived