Falang network

AF16

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe it depends where the encounter takes place. On the street I'd most likely just give a nod, maybe even a little smile if I'm in a good mood. Sat next to someone on a bus I usually talk unless they turn out to be boring arseholes who interfere with looking out the window. In a bar situation I'm usually open to conversation but I don't like being poked or breathed over by down and out Scouse divorcees.

<< but I think we are talking about politeness here. >>

Precisely. The Thais you see are almost invariably polite. Thus you get into a habit of smiling or greeting strangers. But some of the looks you get from Farangs in Bangkok are positively hostile. I never get that from anyone in my home country, not even from other races.

<< but I think we are talking about politeness here. >>

Precisely. The Thais you see are almost invariably polite. Thus you get into a habit of smiling or greeting strangers. But some of the looks you get from Farangs in Bangkok are positively hostile. I never get that from anyone in my home country, not even from other races.

... try Russia. :crazy:

FJ,

Thanks for that. That story catches the attitude (Sandals Man) I am talking about as well. It's fucking odd really, but I have seen this quite a few times while here in Thailand.

I just wonder what goes through these types of peoples minds, what makes them so anti-social.

Cent

... maybe they have been scammed before by the "friendly" farang. :deal:

Sadly i think there are a lot of real weirdos in Thailand who've come here for too obvious reasons, cos they've seen the hyped bullshit on their TVs. There are some really dysfunctional farang retards around in LOS...i certainly don't want to talk to them! I would say 99% of the foreigners in Thailand are people i wouldn't speak to no matter where i met them. I'm a friendly guy, really, but the behaviour i see in Thailand from the vast majority of foreigners is just embarassing!

Archived