No condom

sinsin2

Just back from Bkk.

9 freelancers.

Said I had no condoms(which I had).

8 of them would have done the nasty without.

In the mornings several tried to iniate sex without.All gave BBBJ,7 done anal if required,2 requested it??.

All L/T,1,000/1,200 baht plus change for taxi.

5 were drinkers.

I am happy to be home.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 7 months later...

I don't keep actual statistics, but over the two years I have lived here, I would say GoGo girls have a much higher tendency to ask for condoms than do free-lancers.

First of all, I do not do them without but I always like to push the envelope and see just how far I can get before they say condom. I must admit that most of the freelancers would not use a condom if i do not intervene. I found that the vast majority of GoGo girls will ask for a condom when it gets close to intercourse time. I contribute this to more education via talking among themselves vs less talking among freelancers at least regarding this topic. I would have my doubts if any education/training is coming from bar management which morally, ethically and good service-wise, it really should. Is cost-effective for the bars to educate their girls, probably not only from the standpoint that their service (the girls) has such a high turnover and can be easlily replacement. As a pubic health issue, it would be very cost-effective to educate the girls but direct costs are felt by the girls themselves and thai society but not bar management per se.

I really don't take actual beer bar girls so I have little experience with them.

One interesting discovery is after you shag them for the first time that evening with a condom, the girls seem to let their guard down and there tends to be little less asking for a condom the next time whether that be a few hours later or in the morining or the next time you see them. For whatever erroneous reasoning on their part, I think they do not really understand the relationship between contact exposure and disease. Somehow they have the believe that they know or familar with you as a nice guy, you are less of a exposure risk. It is quite sad to witness their lack of understanding about risk and behavior.

Cardinalblue

[color:blue]I would say GoGo girls have a much higher tendency to ask for condoms than do free-lancers... I contribute this to more education via talking among themselves vs less talking among freelancers at least regarding this topiccolor=blue>

You could also attribute this to:

1) freelancers already having a higher incidence of disease (including HIV), so they have less to lose

2) freelancers having fewer ramifications and less accountability if they do pick up a curable disease. I.e. they won't be suspended from the bar if they catch something and a punter who picks something up has no one to complain to

3) freelancers are more independent and have less peer pressure

By almost any reasonable logic it would seem that freelancers must have higher rates of disease than gogo girls (especially in those bars that have regular tests). But I would have no idea whether we're talking 5% vs. 10% or 2% vs. 30% (gogo vs. freelancer disease rates).

You are so right. I've witnessed several daytime meetings in go-go bars where the issue (and importance) of condoms is stressed. Now days, I've found that almost all go-go girls will insist on condoms. But it is also a sad fact that I have experienced a tendency for them to let their guard down after a few days of feeling comfortable with you...i.e. after 3 days they will initiate going down on you without a condom thinking that you must be ok. I don't think it's so much igrorance, but rather a Thai girl's desire to be acommidating to you. It is what makes them so special, but also, it is because of this fact that you need to be really careful.

Freelancers? A tough question. Cheaper? yes. If they are known to be HIV positive, then that is why they aren't working in go-go's (not all cases). Are all go-go girls tested? No. And the ones who are can simply pay extra baht to get checked 'OK'.

I just go about my business with the thinking that every girl I'm with is HIV positive. And I would suggest this school of thought for all punters. Better be safe than sorry.

It must be said though, I do have my weak moments. Never when engaging in intercourse, but I have been known to go down on a girl. A death sentence? No. Only an STD risk factor. I will tell you though, if you are into 'rear door' activities, that this is where you are most likely to get into trouble. Ass fucking without a condom is insane. That is why gays and intervenious drug users are most suseptable. Blood to blood contact is what spreads the HIV virus. Never forget that.

High Thaied,

You gave some great great advice, but it is too bad not all westerners practice it 100% of the time. That is, "treat every girl as HIV positive". This is exactly how I have handle this situation. I contribute this to my hospital background as we were and still are under the mandate of "treating everyone as infectious". Therefore, it eliminates any desire of guessing who is or isn't which wouldn't mount to a hill of beans anyway. Specualtion is just that - guessing. Risk factors might determine probability, but since this is a all or nothing game, there is no way to a 100% confidence in one's own decision-making. Thus by default, "handle them all as infectious".

For those who are interested in this approach, methodology and thinking behind it, it is derived from the US National Bloodborne Standard and in my home state, the california bloodborne regulation which is actually more stringent than the national standard as required by california aw.

Cardinalblue

"I will tell you though, if you are into 'rear door' activities, that this is where you are most likely to get into trouble. Ass fucking without a condom is insane. That is why gays and intervenious drug users are most suseptable. Blood to blood contact is what spreads the HIV virus. Never forget that."

It should be noted here, though, that with anal sex, the recipient is at much greater risk than the guy ramming it in. Because of skin and tissue tearing open. (Sounds erotic, don't it?)

Archived