No condom

sinsin2

"Health is still surrounded by a lot of folk talkes and myths"

The biggest myth being the irrational belief in Western medicine.

Suggested reading:

T. McKeown: The role of medicine. A superb review of how medical interventions had relatively little to do with public health improvements in Europe and the US between 1800 and 1950. Challenges myths about the contribution of biomedicine, even for infectious diseases like tuberculosis.

Ivan Illich: Medical Nemesis. Here you find a short summary

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As regards rear door action, your right this is high risk if your being buggered by a man. ie you are the passive partner.

Interestingly amongst gay men in SF the ones with HIV where those who accepted, ie passive. Those gay men who never received were never hiv positive.

Back door entrance with woman is actuAlly the safest method for you, as there is less bleeding, ie no periods etc.

I'm yet to have found one hetrosexual man who is hiv positive, or indeed to know personally any one who knows anyone who knows anyone, so keep your fear in perspective.

STH

Spirit,

"I'm yet to have found one hetrosexual man who is hiv positive, or indeed to know personally any one who knows anyone who knows anyone, so keep your fear in perspective."

Magic Johnson, former Los Anglels Lakers basketball star. I have to admit that I don't know him personally, but the announcement of his condition sure did rock the sports world in the USA when it came out a few years ago.

Regards, JEff

[color:red]I'm yet to have found one hetrosexual man who is hiv positive, or indeed to know personally any one who knows anyone who knows anyone, so keep your fear in perspective. color=red>

SOTH, I am rather surprised at your statement. I do know heterosexual men who have tested positive for HIV. I also know several who have full-blown AIDS.

There is one rather famous young British lad many on this board (and asfo) know personally who has tested positive for HIV. He is clearly heterosexual.

Also, though I don't know them personally, there are many Thai men here that are HIV positive. Sadly, many don't know it and infect their Thai partners (male and female) by not taking proper precautions or totally abstaining from sex.

To me, that is always the real risk for hetero farangs, like ourselves, in not using condoms. That bargirls infected by their Thai male partners pass it on to you.

Personally, although the risk might be low, I prefer to err on the side of practicing safe sex.

A post from another board, that makes me scary (HOKSIPKAU gave me the hint in the health-section). I decided to cross-post it here.

In reply to:

Service was very good with both although I am surprised they both offered bbbj and anal.

I am HIV positive although I do not have full blown AIDS yet, and was taken back by the fact that girls do not protect themselves fully. I insisted on condom use as I did not want to infect anyone, but even then the girls will perform rim job on me which I do not think is fully safe.

Not everyone with HIV like me ask for condom.

I have had HIV for 4 years now. I don't know how I got it but test positive one day. I have no symptons.

Have been sanuking in LOS for many many years now mostly with condom. But sometimes did not have one. That is how I get HIV I think.

Now I always insist on one.

you read that board as well then?

but have you noticed the person involved has never really been flamed for his admission?.

you must have another username on the other board as i do not recall seeing peter1964.

i use a different name on each board i contribute to.

• [color:blue]"you read that board as well then? "color=blue>

I got the hint on this board. I am member on many boards, the more the less active from time to time.

Hi Sarisin,

If you know someone personally who has it ,it must effect you, my view isnt that it doesnt exist, but that the western media exaggerate the risks as do health agencies who rely on funding. I feel its all part of todays politically correct culture and in a lot of circles one cant discuss it, hence my view.

Cheers

STH

Archived