F#$&(* kids on Sukhumvit.

David99UK

Around lunchtime I was in Subway (soi 7/1?) ordering, the Missus was sitting outside.

In trooped 1/2 a dozen farang children (maybe including a couple of half castes of indeterminate flavour) aged in their mid to early teens.

Now, back home I am of course well used to groups of unruly youngsters - but for maybe the first time on Sukhumvit I was truly shocked and also embarassedby the behaviour of "farang".

They were rude and also deliberately unhelpful to the staff, coupled with the fact that they acted as if they were aged about 7. Their attitude seemed to be that they were "better" than everyone around them. Very much like the attitude of English Public School boys (except not as well spoken or as polite - some sort of loud mixture of of American and English English).

I dunno if their is some sort of International School around lower Sukhumvit, but if their is I would suggest that they may want to include some lessons in manners (and not just Thai ones)......hopefully this is not the sort of "Product" that Farang schools in Thailand produce as these kids are going to have some problems when they do eventually hit the real world, no longer sheltered and "elevated" by Daddy being "rich".

They kept their distance from me and no remarks were aimed in my direction (was expecting some sarcy comments) but maybe the odd glower from yours truly made them think twice.

Whilst I can handle myself verbally very well (and of course was not worried physically!), I was more concerned about any comments directed at the Missus if they sat down outside (of course Thais do say stuff, but I do not understand - although often I have a bloody good idea, and if any farang say stuff it is out of my earshot).

.....but fortunately they were on a take away.

Any idea where I would have stood legally if I had killed any of them? :smirk:

And anyone else encountered the same little shites in Sukhumvit?

wow bad day david 55555

khunsanuk ten years ago there would of been only one sentence in the op title,now the world has changed for the worse with men and kids.

sad really

there was a program on in australia about 2 kids about 4-5yr old and left them on a bench as if they where lost.

lots of men looked concerned but where to scared to go up and ask if they where lost,due to modern times!! :censored:

I think bad mannered kids are standard in any major city.

One of the things I like about the village is walking the dog in the mornings and all the kids say hello and practice yesterday's English lesson on me.

One little feller is always getting told off by his mates for mixing up "good morning" and "good afternoon".

i've led a sheltered life.

only child and no kids of my own so i have no experience of what they are like growing up.

but i do have ideas of how i would have bought them up if i had ever had kids.

personally i can't stand kids of any age when they misbehave.

i work on a busy medical ward in a hospital with 24 hour visiting.

i am amazes that people bring kids along at all hours of the day and just let them run free.

if they are asked to control their kids because other patients are being bothered you just get that look that says.....'who the fuck are you to tell me what to do about my kids?'....... :banghead:

i always get that mindset to shout at the parents 'control your fucking kids or i will,and you won't like the way i will do it'.

manners and good behaviour cost nothing.

'control your fucking kids or i will,and you won't like the way i will do it'.

be careful, most people would'nt hurt anyone, allthout go near thier kids and you would'nt believe what you will trigger.

I understand what your saying, kids will do what they will do, It, depending on age is up to the parents.

One thing I have had a bit of a time teaching my wife is not giving in to my daughter. She believes if my daughter wants someting and she cries then just buy it and shut her up. I have been going through the just let her cry and learn that her tears will not get her what she wants. It's working, slowly.

Kids are hard to raise, with todays life and times, people often don't have the time to really *raise* the children they brought into the world.

Kids are like sponges and will learn and develop as well as they are taught. IMO up to a certain age the resopsibility falls on the parents...

'control your fucking kids or i will,and you won't like the way i will do it'.

be careful, most people would'nt hurt anyone, allthout go near thier kids and you would'nt believe what you will trigger.

I understand what your saying, kids will do what they will do, It, depending on age is up to the parents.

One thing I have had a bit of a time teaching my wife is not giving in to my daughter. She believes if my daughter wants someting and she cries then just buy it and shut her up. I have been going through the just let her cry and learn that her tears will not get her what she wants. It's working, slowly.

Kids are hard to raise, with todays life and times, people often don't have the time to really *raise* the children they brought into the world.

Kids are like sponges and will learn and develop as well as they are taught. IMO up to a certain age the resopsibility falls on the parents...

Spot on cobber :thumbup:

Archived