Who's got a cuddly toy on their rear car bumper?

Palatkik

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok I understand why a gold colored Thai car I saw the other day has a sign on the back saying "This car is silver colored" though I don't think I would like to explain this to someone back home.

You could try to explain it to me....

????

Interesting Korean link on the cuddly toys kind of makes sense!! Similarly the color thing is more of the same superstition wise so I have had it explained to me by my better half - she didn't know wtf the cuddly toys were for though so I have got one up on her now. Apparently when a Thai buys a (new) car they get the safest color options from the temple monks based on astrology, date of birth bla bla. Now it could be that the buyer doesn't like the color they've been told to buy so they go ahead and buy the color they want and put a bumper sticker on the car saying what the color really should have been according to the monks for the good luck. Not sure if it helps with any insurance premiums though.

Guest lazyphil

i've got a nodding bulldog with a union jack on him on my parcel shelf, keeps falling over, keep meaning to stick in down

Archived