German shot dead in...Pattaya

Mentors

an update:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breaking_news/breakingnews.php?id=119686

gunman riding pillion on a motorcycle on Monday shot dead a 64-year-old retired German policeman in the beach resort city of Pattaya, police said.

Heinrich Hermann Friedrich, from Kalisch, Germany, was shot dead at 12:10 am Monday as he was walking to his residence at Pattaya, where the retired policeman has lived for the past eight years.

Eyewitnesses said Friedrich was shot by an unidentified assailant riding pillion on a motorcycle. He took four bullets in his head, back, chest and left leg.

Police said Friedrich's former Thai wife was the prime suspect in the murder.

"According to Friedrich's current Thai wife he had been having problems with his first wife over the sale of some property," Pattaya Pol Sub-Lt Nittipumi Bootwong told Deutsche Presse-Agentur dpa in a telephone interview.

:whatever: as i supposed in my last post

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Referring to the second fatality...how can you die in 48 hours of severe diarrhoea? I'm sure it takes several days to die from the lack of fluids etc...and anyway, if it was food poisoning, then others would've had the shits from the same batch of dodgy som tam...AND also it's quite difficult for a fully functioning (in the intellectual sense) individual to die from the shits, as most people know you gotta take on extra fluids etc...

The second death sounds extremely dodgy.....

Really, there's some bizarre shit happening in Pattaya sometimes...

The article in the Pattaya Daily News points out that his former unregistered wife (neither marriage was registered) had attempted to evict him from the house that is in her name (but which he had bought, natch), but that the courts held up the validity of the 30 year lease she had signed with him. Great to see that the law can actually work for you. Of course, the next step, your death, is not so good.

Archived