Icehockey World Championship 2008, Canada

Mentors

Group C

Finland - Norway 3:2 a.O. :relieved:

Slovakia - Germany 2:4 :shocked:

Just after I said these first games are too easy Finland struggled against Norway :nahnah: . Horrible game, hope our team will get themselves togehther before the serious games begin.

Germany also suprised against Slovakia, I would have never believed they will win.

PS. I think our teams jerseys from the past were cool, better than today's :)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Group C

Finland - Norway 3:2 a.O. :relieved:

Slovakia - Germany 2:4 :shocked:

Just after I said these first games are too easy Finland struggled against Norway :nahnah: . Horrible game' date=' hope our team will get themselves togehther before the serious games begin.

Germany also suprised against Slovakia, I would have never believed they will win.

PS. I think our teams jerseys from the past were cool, better than today's :) [/quote']

i thought the same, just talking about easy teams and... ;)

yes, the Retro Shirts looks great :tophat:

results from Tuesday

Russia - Denmark 4:1

Canada - USA 5:4

Czechia - Italy 7:2

Slovenia - Latvia 0:3

Group A

1. CANADA 9*

2. USA 6*

3. LATVIA 3*

----------------

4. Slovenia 0 +

Group D

1. RUSSIA 8*

2. CZECHIA 7*

3. DENMARK 3*

---------------

4. Italy 0 +

* qualified for 2nd round

+ relegation round :crazy:

I can understand you're glad as it was many years ago you beat us. You did get assistance from a piss poor Swedish team. :onfire: :onfire: :onfire: :banghead::banghead::banghead::cussing::cussing::cussing::censored:

We don't get any assistance, my team played a great game and gave Sweden no real chance during 60 minutes.

That's why Sweden was so frustrated and did unfair dirty attacks at the end, beshamed for a World Champion and Olympic winner.

:tophat:

:_party::beer::yay::_party:

Sweden and Switzerland are two countries that often get confused with each other. Today, the Swiss added to the confusion by playing a mature and error-free game, much like the Swedes usually do, as they went on to win 4-2, claiming the top spot in Group A. In the process of doing that, they also showed the Swedes that it is the fast that eat the slow.

Switzerland controlled the game from the first shift on.

After that, the game went according to coach Kruegerâ??s plans. The Swiss were quick to return to the neutral zone, and Sweden stepped right into trap, one shift, one attack, one player at a time. And whatever shots the Swedes fired, Hiller was there to stop them.

The tournament directorate decided on Wednesday to suspend Swedish defenceman Niclas Wallin for two games for his hit to the head and neck area of Switzerlandâ??s Roman Wick.

http://www.iihf.com/channels/iihf-world-championship/news/news-singleview-world-championship/article/swedens-niclas-wallin-suspended.html?tx_ttnews%5BbackPid%5D=552&cHash=f6a6c31605

Group A

Sweden - Suisse 2:4

France - Belarus 1:3

1. Switzerland 9*

2. Sweden 6*

3. Belarus 3*

--------------

4. France 0+

Slovakia plays relegation series against Slovenia!

:eek:

Group C

Finland - Slovakia 3:2

Norway - Germany 3:2

1. Finland 8*

2. Norway 4*

3. Germany 3*

----------------

4. Slovakia 3+

*qualified

+ relegation round

Show goes on after surprises :cool::beer:

Second stage

Group E

1. Switzerland 06

2. Russia 05

3. Czechia 04

-------------

4. Sweden 03

5. Belarus 00

6. Denmark 00

Group F

1. Canada 09

2. Finland 05

3. Norway 04

4. USA 03

---------------

5. Germany 00

6. Latvia 00

deathly relegation play-out :soapbox:

(best of 3)

Slovenia - Slovakia

Italy - France

I can understand you're glad as it was many years ago you beat us. You did get assistance from a piss poor Swedish team. :onfire: :onfire: :onfire: :banghead::banghead::banghead::cussing::cussing::cussing::censored:

Haha you're team really sucks :neener: . I cannot say that our team has played well either but I hope things will improve as Saku Koivu is with us now and will play in the next game. Great win for Switzerland anyway.

Canada-USA game was unbeliavable. If nothing remarkable happens one of those teams will win this year.

Once again no coverage in the US except via the web on WCSN :(

I ordered the WCSN package last year but after watching the NHL on Hi-Def this season, its almost unbearable watching a pixelated 4" screen.

Are they showing the games in LOS anywhere? I'd like to catch the Semis/Championship game.

Archived