Icehockey World Championship 2008, Canada

Mentors

interesting! which TV station shows the games?

They have Finnish channels through internet. I don't know excactly how they do it :dunno:

Congartulations for the Swiss team. Switzerland has become a team that can challenge the best countries.

hmh, Finnish TV in Thailand - interesting, same as some hotels have German channels, i wonder how they doing it.

yes i'm proud of my Swiss team. But 1/4 final means end station for us. Beside great NHL goalies we have just one field player in the NHL, and he is injured and is not on this tournament. :doah:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

games from Sunday

Group E

Suisse- Russia 3:5

Belarus - Denmark 2:3 a.O.

Group F

Canada - Finland 6:3

Latvia - Germany 3:5

Group E

1. Russia 5/13 *

2. Sweden 5/09 *

3. Czechia 5/09 *

4. Suisse 5/09 *

---------------

5. Belarus 5/03

6. Denmark 5/02

Group F

1. Canada 5/15 *

2. Finland 5/11 *

3. USA 5/09 *

4. Norway 5/04 *

-------------

5. Germany 5/03

6. Latvia 5/03

* qualified for 1/4 final

Who can stop the Canadians :question:

After the conclusion of the Qualifying Round at the 2008 IIHF World Championship, the matchups and times for the quarter-finals have been set for Wednesday, May 14 :cool::p

The glorious 1/4 finals

Czech Republik - Sweden

Russia - Switzerland :beer:

Norway - Canada

USA - Finland

I think Canada will go to the final. They didn't give Finland much chance yesterday.

So we'll face USA again, that will be interesting game. Hope the thugs of USA will not make the game too ugly. We beat them once so why not beat them twice.

Russia - Switzerland 0:6

uups, correction made, as i wrote, a Nightmare :eek:

"At 6:23, the Swiss caught the worst possible break when Philippe Furrer got the puck off a faceoff in his own end while killing a penalty, and tried to clear it around the boards, but instead slammed it into his own net past Gerber. Zaripov was credited with the goal."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpJ8R4yCbhI

:banghead::banghead::doah::doah: :onfire:

Thanks Mentors :thumbup: .

That Swiss own goal was one of the most hilarious I've seen :). As I said on a good day Switzerland can challenge almost any team but unluckily yesterday wasn't one of those. Anyway Switzerland played a good tournament and hope they will improve their game again for the next year.

Finland will continue :applause: . I have bad feelings about the game against Russia as I didn't even believe we go this far this year with the team we have. We need lots of luck and 110% effort to beat Russia.

Russia has the problem that they sometimes don't play as a team, too many divas curving on ice.

This was good to seen in the first game against my team. As they start to play self willed, my team made goals.

This can be a chance for Suomi.

Good Luck!

Archived