Happy Fourth!!!

Hugh_Hoy

Steven,

Splendid examples you present indeed. However, I feel your examples are best served as a reminder that your constitution and government are, as intended, always in a state of change.

I believe your Thomas Jefferson intended the constitution to be somewhat of a second, yet continual form of revolution. Secondly sir, I believe your supreme court system is supposed to determine if things need to be added or eliminated as time goes by and your country changes. Adding women to the voter roster, the elimination of slavery and so forth and such are of course indications of this.

No, I shall indeed stand in agreement with those who hold your system as an example of an experiment which has served as a wonderful example for others to follow. No system is perfect of course, but yours does allow for corrective actions.

So once again, I shall say Happy Birthday America, all is forgiven.

Best Regards-BST

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Arsenal. Them and English Common law are your two biggest gifts to the world. Please tell me you're not a Tottenham supporter?! You seemed so intelligent. :smirk:

Going back a bit to this 'special relationship', most Americans have a warmer feeling to the English than they do to Canadians who are closer linquisticaly, physically and culturally to us. Maybe the problem its too close? hehehe

I think it has more to do with Canadians not liking Americans...and for us, we don't trust any country that has a province dominated by the French. :smirk:

I do appreciate the country's lead in re-establishing the concept of a republic and having a government governed by and for the people...even though in its present form here you wouldn't think so. :(

Steven,

Tottenham? Surely you jest! Most assuredly not! No, I indeed support a proper club, not that you lot would know the difference.

Liverpool SIR, a proud tradition! My family has held full season passes for all matches as far back as I can remember. For decades sir, there has not been a match in Liverpool without a Taucer in the stands!

Best Regards-BST

Archived