Happy Fourth!!!

Hugh_Hoy

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To all my pals here from England, I want to be one of the first to wish you a Happy Fourth of July.

HH

That's mighty civil of you. Thanks a lot from all us English across the waters! :hug: Have a good day... :beer:

... and try not to go starting any new f*cking wars, will you?:doah:

jack :help:

Sir,

Yes, happy July fourth to you indeed. A wonderful cause to celebrate, to us of course, it is a day of mourning. A bit off on how you lot celebrate such a day, by burning food on an open fire, and lighting Chinese made fireworks.

None the less sir, a cause to celebrate. For you yanks have indeed accomplished something, more of an experiment in democracy as it were...more so then than now of course, but none the less, a model for the world to follow, in principle anyway.

For the record, Britain did not lose that war, rather we capitulated, and thus accomplished a major feat, creating the largest insane asylum on record to date. We later went on to create the largest prison.

In any event sir, I shall wish a happy nation's birthday to all you yanks, and again thank for all you have done for Britain, for despite our past, we shall always remain a family.

Best Regards-BST

<< For the record, Britain did not lose that war, rather we capitulated, and thus accomplished a major feat, creating the largest insane asylum on record to date. We later went on to create the largest prison. >>

Only problem is you ran out of Brits and had to start importing aliens. :dunno:

Thanks to our friends across the pond. Being a bit of a history nut, I will say that in truth as far as I can tell, the American cause was not really a just one. The British crown almost went bankrupt protecting the colonists from the French and Indians in in the late 1750s to early 1760s and thought it was only fair that the colonists helped replenish the deficit through higher taxes (along with the english in Britain at the time) and the colonists didn't want to. They wanted english protection but didn't want to pay for it. Also, the parliament would have offered them representation ("no taxation w/out represenation)but the colonists really didn't want it. If they had gotten it they would have been outvoted each time. Anyway, its nice to think we were doing the right and just thing. hehehe

We won the war but actually lost the War of 1812. The white house even got burned down. We gave the Brits everything they asked for in the peace treaty. We had to. Funny thing is our national anthem came from that war. A war we lost. lol.

On another note, had America lost the war, my ancestors would have been freed ealier as the British empire outlawed slavery in the late 1830s throughout the empire. Darn it! :(

Despite our countries spat a few hundred years ago, we're all hugs and kisses now, which is what's important, right? C'mon Sayjann you big 'ol ponce you, give Steve a kiss!

Archived