Are prices going up ?

mickey707

I'm just wondering what experiences people have had for P4P lately, and are prices climing rapidly ?

I met a very fit girl at Concept2 nightclub in the Novotel, Siam square. We had no discussion about the exchange of cash, had a great night and in the morning she held her hand out. I asked what she wanted and she said 4,000.....i laughed...she didn't....i said i had never paid that much....she laughed, saying where did i go that goes only ask for 2,000 LT. Anyway after some debate i gave her £40 GB.

Is this common in the nightclubs ?....anyone had a similar experience. In Pattaya i Bar fined a gogo girl i met last year....when she was talking 1500 for LT ....and this year was looking for 3,000. After the Barfine and drinks, both there and at another couple of bars it turned out quite an expensive night.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why ask her what she wanted???

Just give her what YOU feel is a fair and honest price in the morning. (Or after the deed if you are only going short time).

Remember - they're out for as much as they can get.

As you hand over your 2000B for long time (and I have no idea why anyone would EVER pay more than that) remember that 2000B is about 1/3 of the average MONTHLY wage in Thailand. A month. 30 days. 1/12 of a year. Chai mai?

Add in her cut of the bar fine, any ladydrinks you have bought her and it adds up.

I realise you met this girl in Concept, so there's no ladydrink or barfine commissions for her.

However, you had no exchange of words regarding payment before you left the disco, so if she expected an amount as outlandish as 4000 for longtime she would have said so before hand.

The fact that she accepted 40 GBP (what's that? 2400 B or so?) in the end means that 4000 was just a stab-in-the-dark in case you stupidly did part with that amount without blinking an eyelid.

Yes, Bangkok prices are more expensive than Pattaya. Whether this is because Bangkok is a bigger city and cost of living is higher than Pattaya I'm not sure. (Maybe a bar girl can live for the same amount in Bangkok as she can in Pattaya).

The girls have Thai business logic - it's low season at the moment and there's very much a lack of punters, so the price goes UP. No, it doesn't make sense to me either, but its the way they work.

Anyway, if you want a guide, I would suggest the following:

BANGKOK:

Short Time: 1000-1500

Long Time: 1500-2000

(For gogos and freelancers. I'm not going to quote a beer bar price as there really isn't any in BKK anymore. The girls at Big Dog's and Morning Night think they're hi-so gogo girls, so bugger 'em!)

You may get some skanky freelancer on the street for a quick 500 baht short time at 3am in the morning - if you do, good luck to you.

PATTAYA:

Beer Bar:

Short Time: 500 - 1000

Long Time: 1000 - 1500

Gogos:

Short Time: 1000 - 1500

Long Time - 1500 - 2000

Beach Road Skank: (If you really want to scrape the bottom of the barrel...)

Short Time: 500

Long Time: 1000

People here may differ with these amounts, but they're what I go by. And I very very rarely have a problem with a girl in the morning - 2 girls having a hissy fit in the last few years).

And as I have always maintained, I don't get why a gogo girl thinks she should get more than a beer bar girl - just coz she gets her kit off? They think they're hi-so because they dance in a gogo and have guys drooling over them night-after-night.

They get more in commissions from ladydrinks and bar fines than the beer bar girls - usually a lot more. (50 baht in a gogo compared to 20 or 30 baht in a beer bar usually for the drinks for example).

If anything, the beer bar girls should get a bit more to compensate them for the fact they earn less while they're in the bar.

Yep - the prices are going up. But only if YOU make them go up by your own doing.

Just my 2 Ringgit's worth.

Seems to be the trend. The girl you met at the Novotel might have gladly accepted 2-3K had you met her at another venue. They're chameleons in that respect.

*Asking prices* have been going up over the last couple of years. What you pay is still, 'up to you'.

I leave it to the 'negotiate up-front' guys to elaborate. :D

yeah ...agree with MooNoi's logic and pricing structure.....had the same situations....same drama's and pay the same money (and I make sure that's all I have in my wallet when I open it up!)

or I will give a smile and slip the dough as I'm closing the door (with them on the other side). End of story! :nahnah:

As you hand over your 2000B for long time (and I have no idea why anyone would EVER pay more than that) remember that 2000B is about 1/3 of the average MONTHLY wage in Thailand. A month. 30 days. 1/12 of a year. Chai mai?

6000 baht is nowhere near the average thai wage. 5900 is the minimum salary in Bangkok assuming the person works 9 hours a day in a 30 day month. A street sweeper currently gets 7400 baht per month (in Bangkok). The average office worker gets 15,222 per month according to the Thai BOI in 2005, which you would expect to be higher now.

And that doesn't even take into account that being a hooker is not a normal job, it is a humiliating dehumanising job, surely they are entitled to a bit of "danger" pay. Can you imagine you letting some fat old bastard take you up the poop chute for 2000baht?

The Thai BOI is probably falsified to make the country look less medieval and exploitive of workers...I know PLENTY of Thais making 4,000-5,000 a month for full time. Construction workers sure as hell aren't making much than that.

That said, I agree, 2,000 for having some fat, beer-reeking pig sweat and grunt on top of you and shove his skanky member into your bodily orifices is certainly not too much, if anything it's a bit low (from the woman's point of view).

preahko

Archived