EPL Fantasy League '07-'08

Zaad

In honour of Long Gun I transferred in 1 Sunderland player to replace an injured one. I must say I am doing better than expected! I thought my philosophy of hiring mostly Dutch players would ut me near the bottom. It didn't so far :). I jope Robben gets to play so I can transfer him back in as he is injured.

Waerth

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been said in the papers that they (Chelsea) will consider a Robben move once they manage to obtain Alves' signature. These players are nowhere near each other on the pitch and I doubt money is an issue, so not sure what's going on anymore :dunno:

..Ok.. back to preparing my team to take over 1st. spot :cool:

I gotta work out how this all works... :dunno:

I'm not quite sure on the transfers situation - seems you lose truckloads of points whenever you change players. I had a lot of players in my team who weren't playing on Saturday so had to change my team quite a lot.

Seems I did quite well - 54 points - but because of the transfers and swaps I did previously, I'm only up to 56 now. :(

Can somebody tell me something? If there is a group of teams playing on Saturday and then some games on Sunday, so I have to have players in my team for the Saturday games and then change to players in my team who are playing the Sunday games??? Not quite sure, so if someone can clarify, that would be great!

Thanks in advance!

(First time I've played, so go easy on me!)

Moo.

even though i'm not playing this Season i'll try and help.

i do keep an eye on the Competition and i did notice that you had changed your entire Team and wondered why.

each set of Games is called a Gameweek and the Games listed are the ones that are taking place that Gameweek.

sometimes a Gameweek can be spread over 10-12 Days and Teams might be playing 2-3 times in that Gameweek.

Gameweek 2 did not feature any Liverpool,Arsenal or Blackburn Players because those Teams did not play,this means they will eventually play twice in a Gameweek in the future.

when you make transfers you get one free in each Gameweek and then 4 points deducted for each one you make after that.

when you changed your whole Team you should have used your wildcard.

you get one a Season and means you will not lose any points for any transfers in that Gameweek.

you would have saved yourself 40 Points if you had used it this Gameweek.

the Gameweek will be closed at a certain point,the time is stated on the screen and after that you cannot make anymore transfers that Week.

so try and pick Players who will normally play most Games and are consistent.

Thanks heaps, Sayj!

Makes more sense now! :thumbup:

Bummer though... seemed to have a really good weekend this round points-wise!

Still...plenty time to catch up!

Bet that would piss a few people off... some convict from Down Under with no real football knowledge coming from behind and winning the whole comp! Wouldn't it Zaady? :grinyes:

Archived