'No sun link' to climate change

Faustian

The BBC reported it, they didn't say it. Scientific research drew the conclusion.

I will keep my head in the sand , I still am not convinced , just because a few scientist say something does not make it true,

the greatrest minds in the middle ages thought the world was flat !

OC

Scientists are not supposed to defend 'corners'. Science is based upon proven repeatable experimentation, to establish facts. Therefore, there's a right and a wrong. No opinions and silly childish arguments involved. Lay people don't seem to have grasped this concept.

I think that us intellectually impoverished "lay people" can differentiate between solid, irrefutable evidence and the fact that various scientific experts such as yourself (sarcasm supplied) DO arrive at conclusions based upon inconclusive, emerging evidence. Some just ignore the evidence that doesn't fit their model.

HH

Hi,

"No opinions and silly childish arguments involved."

I do hope you are being sarcastic.

Sanuk!

I think the 'tell' is when you see some 'scientist' expressing opinions, then you know the person concerned is in the pay of some organisation or government or just wants their funding to continue...and yes i was being somewhat sarcastic, as a scientist i'm somewhat at a loss to explain how many scientists appear happy to whore themselves out to the highest bidder these days. The misuse of 'science' continues unabated.

However, i would point out the paper referred to in the article 'appears' to be well researched and counters the argument put about by those 'scientists' in the pocket of the Bush administration in the USA.

A PS if i may...

Please also remember that Bush et al. are extremely anti-science, lots of propaganda has been circulated . Evangelical christians who believe the earth is only a few thousand years old are unlikely to support science, which goes against their 'faith'. Bushs continual stance against stem cell rsearch being an obvious example of this. Don't believe the hype!

Archived