YOUR TOPICS

sayjann

i've spent the last few Days looking back at all the Topics i have ever started and reading all the replies.

some were so silly.............. :doah:

but looking back at my Field Reports i found things interesting.

i admitted various things and came across as a complete arse at times...... :(

but looking back over the Years since i started posting the FR's i welcomed the comments from fellow Boardmembers.

some were negative after what i posted but to be expected.

opinions are what are needed on a Forum.

but it was at this time that i began to make Friends on the Board due to my stories.

people who to this Day ihave never met but we have fun online.

but i must give a special mention to a fine Man who is no longer with us........LaoHuli........ :rip:

he gave me much encouragement,as did Cent because of my stories........... :)

but i digress............

has anyone looked back over their time here and looked at the crap they have started?

i for one cannot be the only one to start a stupid Thread?.

Not sure if I would agree with you there Teddy, however I can say, after a quick review of my 76 threads, that they have all been either deeply interesting, informative, thought provoking or just down right hilarious. If I had to pick one though that stands out from the crowd and says it all, it would have to be "Jerusalem Artichokes". :neener:

Hi Sayjann,

I think what blows me away when I look at a lot of the old posts is the number of posters who are still coming back on a regular basis. I only check in every couple of months or so, as the rest of my life seems to have subsumed my 'run away to Asia' fantasies, but it must be one of the few boards where members remain active for 5+ years ... I guess KS would have the stats on this, but it blows me away.

Like you, I also miss LaoHuLi : I didnt know the guy beyond this board, but I really enjoyed his posts.

Cheers,

Artie

Hi,

Flashermac and JoshIngu were some of the very first people on the message board. They've been with us for some 8-9 years.

Some people also disappear only to come back months, or even years, later.

And no, I do not have any stats on this (unfortunately).

Sanuk!

I remember discovering the original Nanaplaza board when googling one day at work. I think there weren't more than half a dozen members then! That would have been around October 1997. The delightful thing was that almost all of us were posting at work when we had nothing better to do! :D

A few of the real old timers look in now and then, but Josh and I are probably the only ones still regularly posting.

Ah, for the days of gatherings in Woodstock, when all of the board members could fit around one table. :shocked:

A few of the real old timers look in now and then, but Josh and I are probably the only ones still regularly posting.

I've been here since 14/09/2001 too!

But a different board name back then, and I was still in my 20's.... where have the years gone??? :(

Archived