Furniture Markets

dddave

Can anybody tell me where I'd find some of the larger furniture markets selling Rattan, Hyacinth and wicker chairs and wooden tables.

I don't mean the markets that sell the usual crap particle board stuff.

They are usually large, outdoor markets on the outskirts of Bangkok, often open only on certain days. I've seen some in the past but can't remember the locations.

I've seen similar tables in Bang Poh. You see everything there, from decorative trim for houses to elegant furnishings.

Don't know about custom size mattresses, but there are some bed and mattress shops in Ngamwongwan that could probably connect you with their suppliers.

I had some custom furniture made at a place called Wood Street near the Bang Sue underground terminal. You have to take a moto taxi from Bang Sue MTB to get to it. I cannot remember the real name of the street but would go there with you if you like. The street is over 1km long and has all sorts of shops on it. I need to go there to have something else made. Drop a line or give me a call.

I purchased a couple of nice tables like that a couple of years ago for 4,000, or 5,000 THB. I gave one away, and still have the other in my front room.

Purchased them both on Ekkamai. There are furniture marts there.

I have no regrets, and would buy there again.

Archived