Anybody done the friendship bridge run lately?end.

steffi

I'm on a 30 day stamp right now and I'd like to extend another 3 days because I cannot fly until 20th of August.

Is it still possible to do everything at the friendship bridge without going into vientine? ie. literally turn around and walk back across the border again?

last time I believe I got my laos visa at the Thai border as well if I'm not mistaken.

If it's your first or second 30 day exemption in six months there's no reason why not. Just walk around the other side of Lao immigration and cross back into Thailand. No different to what I used to do at Mae Sai every month.

Still cost you the Lao visa fee though.

around 30 USD depending what country you come from.

you should consider going to cambodia instead as it's closer and cheaper. also checking cheap flights with airasia to malaysia or udon thani (close to the lao border).

another option is getting a sleeper in the overnite train to the lao border.

also if you´re only overstaying 3 days, just opt for the penalty fee. 3 days = 1500 baht.

will you get a "black mark" with Thai immagration if you overstay even a couple days ?

If its just a fine , no problem if they do not catch you in those 2 days ,

But if it made it harder to get into thailand the next time them maybe a visa run is better...

I have NO idea, just asking to know for later....

OC

Sorry that's a typo... it's not 3 days ... extend 30 days...

currently 30 day stamp (1st since 90 day non-imm type O ran out) allows me to stay until 3rd August.... however the return leg of my original flight doesn't let me travel until after 20th august because of blackout restrictions...

remember consulate in chicago would not issue me multiple entry type O despite having all the required documentation etc so that's why I'm on 30 day stamp right now.

Archived