Thai car insurance

limbo

In the UK mine's down to 65% discount (no claims for 10 years plus) it won't get any cheaper than this chance how many more years I drive accident free. I got the extra 5% when I threatened to change companies for a better deal.

Just chatted with the wife about this and concur what manao says, 10 percent for the first year up to 30% for 3 years no claims, but it has to be negotiated with the agent.

Discounts offered differ from Insurance company to company, the one I use, one of the major Thai owned companies, who the wife works for, operates as such.

The agent gets a fixed percentage commission from the insurance company for selling a policy. If the agent sells subsequent renewals of a policy that has not been claimed against the Insurance company pays them a higher commission. its from the higher commission you can negotiate a discount.

But this only applies to the one Insurance company I have dealings with.

Putting it all into perceptive though, as others have mentioned the rates here are so cheap, when I first insured a new car here with comprehensive insurance the cost was less than 1.6% of the value of the vehicle. Equivalent of buying a 25 Grand motor in UK with no previous insurance history and insuring it fully comp for less than 400 quid.

Archived