Sad story

FAT_AUSSIE

This is a story I have heard many times.

The usual ending I hear is the the lady will go work in the bar, because she has no choice.

This is where I say, bullocks!!!

She has a choice and that is to say NO!!!

That's the exect point I was trying to make years ago that the girls DO have a choice. But many people on this board were just in denail or something that they thought prostitution is the ONLY answer to the girls' situation. It is the easier way to do for many but not the ONLY way for sure.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everybody does have a choice.......but either choice has it's own consequences. That's what the decision is usually based on. I think when we loosely use the word "choice" we as observers fail to see the bigger picture.

Everybody does have a choice.......but either choice has it's own consequences. That's what the decision is usually based on. I think when we loosely use the word "choice" we as observers fail to see the bigger picture.

True.

But who's to know what the consequences will be?

Everything's 20/20 in hindsight.

True.

But who's to know what the consequences will be?

Everything's 20/20 in hindsight.

My point exactly.

Bail is set at 1.000.000 baht.

Forget this part of the debt let him rot in jail don't bail him out he will prabaly be off to Burma!!

My sister in law lives in Ratchadapisek, she used to see Geh more often that others because she lived in BKK. She knew a little about what was going on, but not of the scale. She told my wife that given bail he would be off like a shot from a gun to Cambo, probably making/mueling Yaba.

Geh's wife has been working for quite some time in this factory, if she leaves I believe she has some sort of entitlement, around 100,000 baht. Geh's mother, Lin has told her not to leave and try to take the money. Geh want's here to leave so she can get the money and use it towards lawyers. She is going to leave him there. Good on her I say.

FA...

<< That's the exect point I was trying to make years ago that the girls DO have a choice. But many people on this board were just in denail or something that they thought prostitution is the ONLY answer to the girls' situation. It is the easier way to do for many but not the ONLY way for sure. >>

If one considers the relatively small number of women involved in the nightlife trade (out of 63 million people), it is surprising that more young women don't head for the easy money in the bars and massage parlours. Yet the vast majority don't!

Geh's wife has been working for quite some time in this factory, if she leaves I believe she has some sort of entitlement, around 100,000 baht.

what should this be?

severance is only paid, when she is layed off, but not if she leaves voluntarily!

I bet with you that sooner or later YOU will be asked to support!

my heart goes out to the whole bunch. Lets not get to caught up at assigning right and wrong here. I mean, at least he was trying to run some type of enterprise.

too bad he got caught....perhaps if he had been a little better at planning he could have had a son turn out to be prime minister of thailand.

poor guy, lets cut him some slack and pass the plate for his bail....

Here's a true story from my missus' family.

Here is an actual real example. Years ago, my missus's mother worked in Korea and Taiwan in a factory, earning reasonable money, very good for Thailand. She had to pay a may about Bt50,000 to get on that job, including her fees etc.

A cousin wanted to do the same so some money was put together by the family and some was borrowed. He didn't go, he squandered the money on drink etc. Loans not repaid. Some time later, the family lent him some more money to go to Korea. He didn't go, spent the money on drink etc.

Now we have just had a baby and my missus's mother said she couldn't buy this or that because she had lent this guy another Bt20,000 for some reason. No doubt that will be wasted on drink etc.

Now in her family, she has an english boyfriend who has built her a new house and bought a new truck for her. One of her daughters lives in Holland with her german husband, I live with the other one. She has an 18yr old son who is turning out to be a waster. Maybe we can turn him around.

The thing is that the money lost on loans to this arsehole is not going to bring the family down. But there is this inability to say no, especially after this guy has blown at least Bt100,000 in big "loans" and countless thousands in small handouts. Rural Thais believe even the most stupid of lies given as reasons to borrow money.

I hope that this family can get out from under it without losing their land. I also hope that he is just left to rot in jail.

Archived