A Question for You 'Oily' Massage Guys....

Savittre

Hi Guys,

Well, I went for my first Oily massage (actually my first massage of any kind) last night. Went to 'Baron's', Sukhumvit Soi 24, as I'd read favorably about it at the Nanapong site.

Here's the point: I plunked down my 800 Baht for 2 hours, which I knew was right. The girl -*beautiful girl!!!*- just used her hands, and I'm thinking 'Where's the Bangkok slide???' So I said to her that I understood that she'd use her body to massage me, not just her hands. She answered back, basically explaining that the body to body was part and parcel with the (sexual) extras, then she detailed what those extras consisted of... I'd read that full service was 1500 Baht, and, this being my first time, figured that the 1500 was all-inclusive, but she said it was separate. I took full service, for 800 paid downstairs plus 1500 paid to her, total 2300 Baht.

Is this the way it works, or was I ripped off? Should the total price for oily with full service have been 1500 or 2300 for 2 hours? My reason for posting, BTW, is to know clearly what the score is, so I hope some of you with more experience than me (and that's probably all of you!!) will set me straight!

Now that all has been said, I'm off for my first 'Soapy'. laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

There are worse ways to spend a weekend, you know!! laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

Thanks!!

savittre,

no idea what this place Baron`s is like. if you say 800 for 2 hours that sounds like an expensive sports massage where you negotiate any extras later on upstairs. but then a sports massage would not be prepared for the slide because you need the facilities for that. 2300 for full service does not sound terribly cheap , darling is 2500 and the average sopie would charge around 2000 or less.

If you have been cheated or not would depend on what they promised to deliver for the 800.

cheers

[ October 13, 2001: Message edited by: buffalo_bill ]

The 800B is the price for the massage only and extras are always extra. 400B per hour is pretty standard for an oil massage. You could have probably negotiated the extra tip for FS down to 1000B putting you at 1800B total, which is about what you would pay for a soapy + tip at CP2.

Ranger

quote:

Originally posted by rusty:

I can,t see the point in visiting massage parlours,Or am I missing a point somwhere?
crazy.gif" border="0

imo yes but it depends upon what you mean by massage parlour and what you want from the experience.

beleive it or not some people enjoy a good massage.

if it is only sex that is sought then i would agree with you.

I recommend anyone that should try traditional massage at least once. Especially if the first time he/she come to BKK. A good traditioanl massage really takes away all tireness from the walking and the heat. I am addicted to it.

Get a traditional massage in the afternoon, get a soapy before dinner is the life!

quote:

I can,t see the point in visiting massage parlours,it just seems like an expensive s/t to me when you can hire your chosen women,go back to your hotel and she will slide all over you all night if required.Or am I missing a point somwhere?
crazy.gif" border="0

Massage parlors are popular with Thais and long-term expat residents. The chance for an overnight companion in a hotel or home is not always convnient. I mean the wife might get a bit suspicious! Some good hot full service rub down in the parlor can sometimes fulfill a hankering for a bit on the side. Not that I do that sort of thing of course.

Cheers,

Well,

First, thanks to all who replied! I guess part of my confusion/problem/whatever about this was that I didn't know whether the massage plus extras were all paid for downstairs, or if the extras were negotiated with the girl, in the room. Actually when I went in I said I wanted 'full service', but I thought they reacted in an embarrassed way (shame on me for telling the truth!! laugh.gif" border="0 ) so I paid the 800 up front and, obviously, worked the rest out later. OTOH, the soapy I went for was all paid for, total, at the cashiers desk.

Ranger- yeah, no doubt you're right, I could have bargained it down, or at least tried, but the Nanapong site said 1500 was the price. I must admit that the total, 2300, is more than I'd expect to pay for LT, and this was just 2 hours!!

buffalo_bill- What's a 'sports' massage? Thanks!

Speaking to the 'oily' girl, with language barrier present, she said she didn't get paid anything by the Baron's, she said her income came from 'tips' alone. I can't believe that. Does anyone know?

Again, thanks everyone!!

quote:

I can,t see the point in visiting massage parlours,it just seems like an expensive s/t to me when you can hire your chosen women,go back to your hotel and she will slide all over you all night if required.Or am I missing a point somwhere?
crazy.gif" border="0

Rusty,

I very rarely get a traditional or oily massage that involves extras as I agree with you on it just being an expensive ST. However, I enjoy a good soapy massage on occasions. I love the whole pampering experience in the bath and the slip-n-slide can be quite erotic. Also, as I can only do ST in BKK anyway, a soapy is a nice alternative to taking a BG to a ST hotel.

Ranger

[ October 14, 2001: Message edited by: Ranger ]

Archived