one year to Chinese Olympics-what do they need to do ?

OCgringo

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

bloomin eck, where were they?.....how fast....i'm just doing 4 1/2 miles four times a week. i'm afraid of fecking up my knees running too far, just going for faster and faster runs as possible, run with weighted rucksack 2xpw aswell. cycle 15 to 20 miles after running, thinking about riding to the pool but swimming sends me to sleep quite honestly. how are your knees?

London x4

Leighton Buzzard

The Potteries

The New Forest

Seven Sisters

Paris x2

Stockholm

Copenhagen

Helsinki

Tromso

Rotterdam

Amsterdam x2

Berlin

Barcalona

Majorca

Lisbon

Marrakech

Los Angeles

New York

Venice

Rome

and i've also done the South Downs Way,80 Miles in 25 Hours.

always a plodder....quickest of 3 Hours 40 Minutes,in fact only 3 times quicker than 4 Hours.

but almost 200 Half Marathons,10 Miles,10K's and other various distances.

knees fine,never really sufferered from any injuries,just the normal aches and pains.

hated the heat and wouldn't fancy running in Beijing next Year,i imagine that race is gonna be one hell of a hard one.

Guest lazyphil

amazing, but you swam the venice marathon! 80 miles south downs, nutter!!....i'm going to try a half marathon by the end of september, i'm going to start building up distance over the weeks coming up... are you still ok for running now?, maybe when u visit you can set a (sensible!) pace!....i never thought i'd get into running, started around this time last year, hooked now but seems to inhibit bulking up in the gym, guess i need to start eating alot more???

no good for running now.

my current health problems make me very breathless.

walking up 2 flights of stairs has me struggling for air.

gave up running after the 80 Miler.

it took a lot out of me in my mind,in the physical sense it wasn't that bad as i did walk a lot,i don't do hills..... :shakehead

where you live it's pretty flat,the South Downs are bloody hilly and some steep climbs.

Venice Marathon starts 20 Miles outside the Island and only the last 3/4 Miles actually in Venice.

stayed with a local Family i knew and had the carbo meal the Night before in their little flat.

i was greeted at the end by the baby of the Family who gave me a gift when i finished.

she visited England 11 Years later and had grown into a classic Italian beauty..... :p

if you have a little 10K run in your area then i'm game for that,but a 5K would be better..... :grin:

i don't mind having a go after so many Years and just jogging around and quite a bit of walking because of my chest.....

i might even let you beat me.......... :beer:

This should do it. (Now let's try it in Bangkok!)

Peeking dunk

More than a million cars will be taken off the streets of China's capital for four days this month, state media said Thursday, amid mounting concern over air pollution during next year's Beijing Olympics.

Air quality will be monitored during the four days, state television reported, in a possible test-drive of traffic-reduction measures for the Games.

From August 17 to 20, only taxis and buses will be allowed on the streets as usual, along with special vehicles, such as ambulances and police cars, according to the report.

Archived