one year to Chinese Olympics-what do they need to do ?

OCgringo

Most of what goes on to put on a show for the rest of the world will be done out of sight. We are talking about a communist country here. At a guess there will be certain expectations placed both on industry and individuals. Non-compliance will be dealt with.......severely. :redflag:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do they need to do?

First thing that comes to my mind is "stop lying". But, I know I know, that's a sorry response. And one that isn't specific, either.

And they're trying, anyway. The best thing about the Olympics is that it will shift the country into the worlds' focus. By now anyone and everyone has something to say about China because of its economic effect on everyone and everybody.

What we'll get to see next year is an orchestrated China in and around Beijing and prominent cultural sites. And it will be all about: Become a member of the world trade community :) Improve standards :) Respect traditions :) Enjoy and spend money :)

The Olympics are important for Beijing/Peking and even more so for the Communist Party.

We'll also see a lot of "critical/independent" western reporting and many westerners will feel they "really experienced" and "understand" this different culture much better. It's the unifying allure of power and money or at least cheering together. We're not so different after all :D

Look at a map of China and see what landmass the centralist party tries to rule and with the best - and unfortunately most futile - intentions tries to suppress.

It's all cosmetics, really. They'll never stop gobbing and spitting and flogging each other.

We're all doomed ... because too many people have bought into the idea that a free and globalized market is a good thing and can possibly work :nahnah:

Archived