one year to Chinese Olympics-what do they need to do ?

OCgringo

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A few months ago I was in China and tried to get $$$ out of an ATM there...can not...must go to a certain Chinese bank to get money...dahhhh, wait until the thousands of tourists get there and can't get easy access to $$$???

The same can be said for Japan. Only CitiBank ATMs work for me there, be it my US, Sillypore, HK or Thai ATM card :( .

Cheers,

SD

The Chinese government wants to keep absolute control over their currency.

You go to a bank, exchange US cash (for example) and at the end of the trip you want to change the Chinese currency back to US dollars...you better have kept the paperwork when you did the initial exchange or they may not do the exchange to US dollars for you...and they will be asking (maybe) where did you get the Chinese currency? were you working in China? did you have a work permit???

This is what they used to do, as of this March, 2007. Very anal there!

...and the taxi drivers (some of them), they can give lessons to the Bangkok taxi drivers on how to shake you down for extra cash.

Water...errrr, better bring your own or take a chance on the Chinese bottled water.

Toothpaste, opppps, that was found to have lead or mercury or some nasty chemicals in it.

It will bet interesting!

<< But, yes, there will be a bunch of reporters, first stopping in Bangkok, then off to China. >>

So they'll write stories about dirty old sex tourists and kiddie prostitution in Thailand (using statistics from Cambodia), then go off to report how wonderful the PRC really is. :p

might be good to watch but try running in one when the heat is oppressive.

i ran one in Copenhagen on the hottest Day in Denmark since records began and it was sheer hell......

and that was without much air pollution,LA was also tough due to the smog.........

Archived