Farang fatally hit by cement truck

yfs

I was talking to the girls at Starbucks at soi 5 and Sukhumvit and they told me that a farang was crossing Suk not in a crosswalk and was struck by a cement truck. A little later one of those Taipan Hotel suvey girls told me the same thing and apparently she witnessed it. They say he died at the scene. Truly a sad tale.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw a Thai get badly hit by a car because he crossed Sukhumvit and didn't realize on the other side of the central reservation (the odd number soi side) that the traffic goes both ways. I think a lot of people must get caught out by that.

This happened last Christmas Eve and kind of put a dampener on my evening.

You *** always *** have to look both ways!

The bicycles, cars, motor scooters and water buffaloes go every which way.

The motor scooters are well known to drive against the flow of traffic and of course, on the sidewalks.

If the BiB would enforce some civilized traffic laws, things would greatly improve.

You *** always *** have to look both ways!

Yep, lower Sukhumvit very dangerous to cross - look both ways, and make sure you have someone to hold your hand, too!

(OK, I'm actually the type who refuses to hold hands with BGs on the street, but it seemed kinda relevant to post anyway... and for the LOS-impaired, it's not a bad idea after all).

YimSiam

Archived