Farang fatally hit by cement truck

yfs

Sdly, i also saw the aftermath of the guy hit by the cement truck.. He clearly had not realised that it was a contraflow system, was in a hurry and paid the ultimate price.

They simply covered him with paper that kept blowing away and he was lying there for what seemed an eternity before the police propped him up like a lump of meat and took a few photos. There was very little dignity for the poor guy. What amazed me was that some bystanders were videoing the sad affair. Somebody's husband,son, brother. Very very sad.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sad tale. :( Why on earth folks have to play Russian roulette with the mad traffic when there are pedestrian crossings a stone's throw away in either direction baffles me. :nono: But the world, especially the bit of it on Lower Sukhumvit :hubba: , looks a less dangerous place when you're on holiday and wired up and/or have had a few beers at lunchtime, I suppose. I think many of us have probably taken (possibly life-endangering) risks in BKK (not just with dodging traffic) which, in hindsight, were foolhardy and which we wouldn't have countenanced at home in the 'real' sober world. I know I have. :doah:

Lessons to be learned. :hmmm:

jack :help:

Those buses trying to make the light at Soi 4 speedup, just as the crowd is starting to push forward :(

OC

Sad but true.

Was sitting in the bus yesterday not too far from the Bang Na intersection and as an elderly woman (must have been in her seventies) tried to climb into the bus the driver drove off, she lost her balance, fell out of the bus and next thing I know she's lying under it. It felt as if we had driven over a bump which happened to be her leg.

Luckily enough she survived but once she got herself seated on a nearby bench (with the help of some bystanders) her leg started bleeding heavily. Not a pretty sight. Poor lady, that's the last thing you need on your old day. Damn driver need to be more careful! :onfire:

Stick had a good submission where a BKK bus driver was informally interviewed.

Questions like;

did you have any driver safety training?

(answer, Deer In The Headlights look, like WTF are you talking about).

why do you run away if there is an accident...now an angry look...

Interesting read, but answers or lack of answers were as I expected.

Archived