Farang fatally hit by cement truck

yfs

My mama, mostly, but sometimes also this blind guy Boonpaeng who carries a small loudspeaker and sings really hideous echoing versions of Thai music -- I don't know how it happens, but every once in a while I find myself holding his hand again, beating the pavement at an excruciatingly-slow pace. For a long time I didn't know what Boonpaeng was singing (because it's in Lao and unintelligible due to the echo) but finally someone explained. He's saying:

"if you pay me a lot of money, I'll keep on walking...

if you pay me a little, I'll just stay for a minute...

if you don't pay me at all, I think I'll sit down right here next to you, and search for the end of the Endless Song!

if you pay me a lot of...."

And so on, round and round. Sometimes it gets so bad that I don't even want to hold his hand anymore, so I just split.

(Apparently in Lao the song rhymes. At least that's what Noi told me.)

YimSiam

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Another tourist (this time an Asian guy) was hit by a tour bus last night in the same area (just opposite Soi 5 "Food center"). You could still see the blood and pink bits on the street when I went past at around 1AM. Again, it was on the bit of the road going the "wrong" way.

According to a girl doing business at the corner of Soi 5, the guy was run over around the upper leg and middle and she saw his penis was separated from his body. :yikes::barf:

Of course, that could just be her juicing up the story and he probably wouldn't survive anyway but imagine... :(

About a week ago, I saw a Thai knocked down in the same lane just after Soi 7. Happily, he looked as though he was going to be OK though.

Sad tale. Some idiot on this website- here said "dumb fucking American had to look both ways on a one way street before crossing the street."better to be safe,I think. He went on to say something about USA chant during some golf event. have a nice day

Archived