Farang fatally hit by cement truck

yfs

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In Bangkok the streets are more like a free fire zone.

Not only the streets, but also the sidewalks (footpaths). I have been abruptly nudged aside by motorcyclists trying to pass me on sidewalks here. This happened to me once on Sukhumvit between the Nana BTS and Soi 4 in the clear presence of a MiB and he did not even bat an eye.

I do agree that Farangs, particularly visitors, significantly underestimate the risks here. Using motorcycle taxis is a good litmus test for poor judgement.

In any event, it is too bad about the guy who was killed by a cement truck.

• 2 weeks later...
Sad tale. Some idiot on this website- here said "dumb fucking American had to look both ways on a one way street before crossing the street."better to be safe,I think. He went on to say something about USA chant during some golf event. have a nice day

When giving advice to first time travelers to Bangkok I always tell them to look both ways, especially on one way streets! The stories cited here verify that it's a good idea.

A friend of mine who has resorted to teaching English (LOL)has a Korean student who came to class last week and then broke out crying and had to leave class. Apparently HER husband was killed in front of the Landmark last week by a bus as he was trying to cross the Sukumvit there

This could be the same incident not sure. I always look twice both ways...and then some

NO he was not drunk... Very sad indeed.

That area has bad karma.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived