SIM Card Replaced?

cavanami

I may have lost my cell phone.

I had 1-2 call and would like to keep the sme phone number and if possible, get all my phone numbers that were on the SIM card.

I thought that I saw something posted about this but doing a search, came up empty.

Will 1-2 call (AIS) just give me a new SIM card with the same phone number?

Sim card replacement no police report needed. I loose mine once every few years, last time in April, just go to AIS, and I get the same number.

Coz I am platinum, I also get to store at AIS my numbers, so I only loose the numbers since my last visit to AIS, I go there every few months, few coffee and bickies - hand them my sim to back up

OK, here's the story...

I phones AIS, they canceled my present SIM card/phone number.

They instructed me to go and get a police report and then I can go to an AIS shop to have them issue mee a new SIM card with the same number.

The closest AIS shop for me in in Carre Four, soi 77 (on Nut), so maybe I try to get a SIM card and avoid the hassle of the police report. TIT, maybe they will issue the SIM, worth a try :dunno:

OK, got the replacement SIM card...

Went to the On Nut Police station on Sukhumvit. About two minutes and 10 Baht later, I had the police report.

Walked over to Carre Four and showed them the police report and my passport. They made a copy of my passport on the backside of the police report.

They then made the replacement SIM card, but they were not able to restore my phone numbers, as maybe I had been only keeping the numbers on the SIM card?

In any event, quick and easy.

Archived