beer. what is on tap?

what places in Bangkok have beers on tap, and what kind? Noticed Hard Rock has Singha on tap which is good form. The irish pub at patpong has Carlsberg & Guinness (yum). That is all I have seen. Any other findings out there?

ER, you a Guiness man, huh? Yum, indeed. "Mother's Milk".

A while back the Soi 7 Beergarden had Franzischkaner Hefeweisen on tap -- except they ran out earlier on the day I decided to order one. ;-(

The Franzischkaneren are an order of Franciscan monks who set up shop in the Vaterland.

For the unwashed, Hefeweisen is beer made with wheat and a live yeast culture. If the bottles are stored right, there's settlings in the bottom. Those settlings are a litle sour so you can pour of the beer if you don't like them, or swirl before pouring to mix 'em in. MOPP [Matter Of Personal Preference].

On tap, if you like 'em, you'll have to be around for the bottom of the keg. Either way, served with a slice of lemon; use it or not, again MOPP.

I believe all the gogo bars that serve draught beer in Bangkok serve Carlsberg. Tilac, Rock Hard, Goldfinger come to mind. Same for the Pattaya gogo bars I believe too. Misty's, Blackout, Champions, Carousel, Bubbles, All Girls, Happy, etc.

A hostess bar in Patpong 2 called Cosmos has both Carlsberg and Heineken on tap.

My first choice is always draught beer and it usually seems like it is Carlsberg in the nightlife venues.

I know there is a bar in Don Maung Terminal 1 that brews its own beer, and I seem to recall a place on Sukhumvit Soi 26 with the same name which may be connected. Last trip I meant to try it, but always seamed to find other things to do with my time!

One thing to consider when ordering draft beer, or any drink served in a glass is the increased risk of picking up bugs from the glass (or ice). Most bars don't really wash glasses they just rinse them out with something resembling klong water... Lots of nasty critters can be found lurking on the rims of barroom glasses all ready and willing to spoil your holiday. Guess I sound a little nutty here, since I seldom pass up the opportunity to play tongue tag with multiple bargirls, but I'm cutting back!! (and no - this is not your mother!).

Archived