How to call from my Thai mobile phone to my Australian friends ?

Goodthaigirl

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always use the +xx country code system. No extra charges if you do not need it.

FWIW, I was sending SMSs to my GF from Oz where her number was entered in my phone list as 089-xxxxxxxx, NOT +6689-xxxxxxxx and they got through. So that sheds doubt on Mekong's theory in my eyes. :dunno:

Cheers,

SD

I use Truemove postpaid for a number of years. I called them this morning asking about the rate in Aus. They told me the cheapest rate is from Telstar. From mobile to mobile , it costs 71.53 baht a min and they would charge first time use for 18.64 baht! For SMS they charge 13.56 baht a message. All of the charges are not VAT inclusive! Quite a lot compared to Europe.

I sent SMS to my friend. It said "Delivered" but still no reply back from her( I asked her to reply if she got my message).

I wonder how other phone operator would charge.

I honestly do not check costs as my phone is paid for by my company. I generally use Yes Optus cuz the coverage is better IME.

There is a pre-paid service available, ala One-2-Call. I do not know the costs, but should be cheaper than roaming...

Cheers,

SD

Archived