Gullivers Etiquette Questions!

David99UK

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chaps. Come on now. Some of us have a drinking problem. Some of us have a smoking problem. Some of us have a problem finding good Thai gals. Some of us have a problem finding Gulliver's as there are two in Bangkok. Some of us are obnoxiously rude in any social gathering. Some of us have serious mental illness(s). Some of us are just plain lazy. And most of all some of us know everything there is about Thailand! And after a one week stay to boot!

Oh, and some of us are fat, old, and/or balding.

:mooning:

I posted the following in October 2003. Might just still be relevant. :smirk:

I'll throw in my 2 cents here, since I did finally attend a meeting on a recent visit. :)

This June in BKK I set manfully out, come 7PM, after a hectic afternoon's heavy drinking at Soi 7 beergarden, for my "debut" appearance at a Friday night Gullivers meeting. :hug:

Ably steered by concise directions to the establishment found on this very board I purchased a heineken and triple brandy sidecar for myself at the bar, :drunk: spotted the famous "window seat" and strolled over to join the assembled Nanaplaza crew (about 8-9 people present, all in deep and friendly converstions, when I arrived). :D

Parking my arse on a vacant seat, I loudly announced that my board-name was Fiery Jack and that I couldn't say I was ashamed of it. :clown: However, though some members acknowledged my presence and forced a weak smile, I felt that I was met with a less than ecstatic reception, I must admit. Some of the attendees simply carried on their own conversations whilst others, I felt, pointedly ignored me. No one introduced themselves or offered to buy me a drink. :(

No problem. I tried once more to liven and lighten up the atmosphere by recounting a racy BKK tale involving myself, my pal Smoky, three Soi 7 Bargirls, "back door action" with various assorted vegetables and two cannisters of lighter fluid. :applause: This colourful yarn, which has always served me well at dinner parties and functions, fell on decidedly stony ground, and in fact a couple of the women present pointedly rose to their feet and moved to another table. :o

Well, I know where I'm not welcome, so after five or six more drinks and another few "saucy" monologues from yours truly , I bade the unsociable "company" farewell and headed for the exit, thinking I'd continue the evening solo at NEP and fuck the self-satisfied Nanaplaza crew with their tinpot little board and smug cliquey set-up. :mad:

It was only when I got outside and onto Sukhumvit that I realised I'd taken a wrong turning earlier and had been sitting not in Gullivers but inside the Huntsman Pub in the basement of the Landmark Hotel. :doah: I returned and explained this error to the table of agitated Canadian Jehovah's Witnesses with whom I'd been attempting to parley, but they didn't seem at all interested in my humble apologies, in fact choosing instead to summon the manager to have me unceremoniously ejected from the establishment. :(

It just goes to show you.

Hope that's helpful.

jack :help:

That should cover it. :beer:

jack :help:

Chaps. Come on now. Some of us have a drinking problem. Some of us have a smoking problem. Some of us have a problem finding good Thai gals. Some of us have a problem finding Gulliver's as there are two in Bangkok. Some of us are obnoxiously rude in any social gathering. Some of us have serious mental illness(s). Some of us are just plain lazy. And most of all some of us know everything there is about Thailand! And after a one week stay to boot!

Christ......that's disturbingly accurate :shocked:

Oh, and some of us are fat, old, and/or balding.

:mooning:

That's just wrong though :thumbup: I'm as Skinny as a streak of piss........but I don't care as I have all my own hair! :smirk:

It was only when I got outside and onto Sukhumvit that I realised I'd taken a wrong turning earlier and had been sitting not in Gullivers but inside the Huntsman Pub in the basement of the Landmark Hotel. I returned and explained this error to the table of agitated Canadian Jehovah's Witnesses with whom I'd been attempting to parley, but they didn't seem at all interested in my humble apologies, in fact choosing instead to summon the manager to have me unceremoniously ejected from the establishment.

This is one of the funnier posts I have read here for a long time.

Archived