kids charity?

birozen

As I have mentioned before I have sponsored a kid in Udon for the past nine years, but this has now come to an end as the charity has moved on. I was thinking of another charity to support but not sure which might be the most effective, I donâ??t want one where a large proportion of the donations get used up with staff costs and advertising, I want to be sure the money gets to the people itâ??s meant to help. Even with Plan International I once donated a large amount to buy computer related equipment for the Village School, on the next visit a year later they still had not received the cash. After making a fuss they did eventually get it but if I had not gone back to the School I donâ??t think they ever would have.

After reading Little Angels by Phra Peter a monk from London based in Nakhon Sawan I thought of donating to his charity. The trouble with this is that they only help boys who are in need of educational funds; girls donâ??t even get a mention in the book with regard to needing help.

Anyone know of any effective charities in Thailand helping both boys and girls with education costs?

If you really want to be sure, visit the school you support, ask them what they need and buy it for them. If you only visit once a year or even every couple of years at least you know 100% of what you are donating is going to the intended recipients.

Archived