What should I wear?

mikeinseattle2

I've been to LOS many times in the past (over 10) and this is the first time I'm thinking that my dress sense is not really correct. I've been playing with the wardrope scenario, and have come up with the following options.

1. Camel Wear - Previously my favourite, because it's form fitting clothing at a reasonable price. Not really a fashion that's available back home (USA).

I now realize this brand is not really a desirable one to wear as it instantly identifies you as a Sukhumvit/Nana Plaza type tourist.

2. Swim shorts, Khaki shorts, loose style clothing - Not a big fan, but have seen most "larger" type gentlemen wear this type of clothing. Not very flattering (trying not to imagine body contours).

While shorts are most comfortable for us, generally not the best for city wear (BKK).

3. Soccer Jersey's - the material doesnt' really gel well with the warm weather (they get extremely itchy).

It also usually identifies you as a European soccer fan. You also have the potential of getting your ass kicked by some British or German soccer hooligan, even though you can't name a single player on the jersey you are wearing.

4. Sleeveless/Tank tops - this just looks gross most of the time, as most of us don't have the bodies to display such clothing, and body odour in the BKK heat will keep everyone 3 meters away from you in either direction.

5. King's Birthday Yellow Shirts - with all due respect, you will look like a total dweeb, as he is not your King, but the King for the Thai people.

6. Tailored Clothing - most of it is cheap crap and if you look remotely Indian, you will be mistaken for one of the touts or tailors.

7. Gangsta Wear - there is a 100% chance you will look like an idiot, regardless of where you are in the world

So, the question is, what do I wear?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nothing with a name or logo,

cut out the labels so the girls )or the police) will not know where you come from,

develop an accent like the workers at your local 7-11,

Were black , only black, everything black, and shades, real dark ones, hey it worked for Roy Orbison.....

or pretend you are color blind and wear stuff that does not match....

enough ideas ?

OC

Archived