A Coup Has Occured

Fidel

All this talk of losing freedoms each and every day, I don't really see it.

What can you NOT do today that you were freely able to do before?

Hmmm, where to start...? Buy an assault weapon, reserve certain privacy in and out of your home. Be safe in knowing you couldn't be held without cause for all eternity after being labled "an enemy combatant..." Worry about just how far the government could spy on you/invade your privacy without cause or warrant...wonder just how far your president will go beyond his constitutional powers to declare wars based on lies...annoying interrogations when returning from abroad...certain restrictions on electronic banking... all in the name of fighting terrorism...etc...

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A major flash point in recent years between U.S. citizens and authorities seems to be in simply displaying political messages on T-shirts and car bumpers, and documenting by still camera or video camera what the police are doing:

http://www.slate.com/id/2172500

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,284075,00.html

http://newsmine.org

Yep. It seems that police (and knuckle head security guard) brutality is on the rise in the US.

I read a story yesterday about a guy who was arrested for dressing up as Death and wearing a sign saying "War Dead" during the 2004 Republican Party Conference. During the conference "Free Speech Zones" were established, one that I saw was under a bridge and was screened off so the protesters couldn't be seen.

At the same event around 2,000 people were unlawfully arrested for doing nothing other than exercising their constitutional rights to assembly and free speech.

It seems a lot of people in the US these days are being brutally arrested, pepper-sprayed and tazered for little or no reason.

A woman died after being arrested at an airport the other day. In a really shocking case, a 16 year old girl had her arm broken by high school security guards after she DROPPED CAKE ON THE FLOOR AND MISSED SOME CRUMBS WHEN TOLD TO CLEAN IT UP!

The whole thing was captured on video by another student, who along with his sister and the victim were ARRESTED FOR BATTERY. The victim's mother was also ARRESTED FOR ASSAULT!

Full Story

Now, it interests me very much the way that the powers that be in the US have managed to convince so many people that any criticism of such brutality, excessive use of force and infringement of rights is in some way UNPATRIOTIC.

How is it that in the US these days, you can be asked for your papers, and if you refuse to present them, you can be tazered and arrested? WTF? IHRE PAPIEREN! IHRE PAPIEREN!

I wonder if the average German walked into Nazism in a similar fog to so many Americans today.

The last ones they want to screw around with are the vets - who not only know how to use firearms, but how to make them fully automatic and other fun things like that. Lots of us were also taught how to make booby traps and bombs.

:smirk:

p.s. Eleanor Roosevelt wanted to quarantine the returning WWII vets on an island in the Caribbean until they could be taught how to "fit back into society".

:banghead:

Archived