A Coup Has Occured

Fidel

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lincoln created a virtual military dictatorship during the Civil War, with the Radical Republicans keeping it in place for another 10 years after that war. FDR pulled all sorts of shite in WWII, including "interning" American citizens of Japanese ancestry in desert "resettlement" camps. GWB has used the "war on terror" for many infringements of rights. Whoever succeeds him will be very tempted to keep the "war" going to preserve the status quo.

Lincoln created a virtual military dictatorship during the Civil War, with the Radical Republicans keeping it in place for another 10 years after that war. FDR pulled all sorts of shite in WWII, including "interning" American citizens of Japanese ancestry in desert "resettlement" camps. GWB has used the "war on terror" for many infringements of rights. Whoever succeeds him will be very tempted to keep the "war" going to preserve the status quo.

I am afraid that is "Sooo true."

As I listen to the Democrats debate I hear Hillary, Barack and some of the others backing off of the "I will pull the troops out" rhetoric. I think reality is taking hold!

IMHO, the only way to reduce US forces will be to withdraw all the troops. If they leave 5,000 troops in Iraq, who will protect those 5,000?

Without a stable Iraqi gov't, the US will either have to stay the course, or withdraw all troops.

And let's not forget GW's famous "things would be much easier if this were a dictatorship" comment. I'm quite sure he meant it.

The trend worldwide is towards Totalitarianism and the formation of political entities that are further and further removed from the masses, including the EU, APEC (Sydney caged off), the North American Union etc.

The people who benefit most from this transformation will be the wealthy.

The immigration issue is being ignored in the US because eventually, the US will cease to exist and will be replaced by the NAU and the dollar replaced by the Amero.

Those who choose to protest against this transformation, like those who protested against NAFTA in Miami and those who recently protested against the SPP (Security & Prosperity Partnership of North America)summit in Canada, will be oppressed and painted as anarchists and trouble makers. The government powers under the Patriot Act and similar legislation will be used against them....

It will take a lot of hard work by ordinary folks to reverse this process.

And let's not forget GW's famous "things would be much easier if this were a dictatorship" comment. I'm quite sure he meant it.

The trend worldwide is towards Totalitarianism and the formation of political entities that are further and further removed from the masses, including the EU, APEC (Sydney caged off), the North American Union etc.

The people who benefit most from this transformation will be the wealthy.

The immigration issue is being ignored in the US because eventually, the US will cease to exist and will be replaced by the NAU and the dollar replaced by the Amero.

Those who choose to protest against this transformation, like those who protested against NAFTA in Miami and those who recently protested against the SPP (Security & Prosperity Partnership of North America)summit in Canada, will be oppressed and painted as anarchists and trouble makers. The government powers under the Patriot Act and similar legislation will be used against them....

It will take a lot of hard work by ordinary folks to reverse this process.

Another reason for me to continue my support for the National Rifle Association (NRA)

Let me see :hmmm:

Freedom and personnel rights in the US and western Europe vs lets say...Pakistan, Iran, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Russia, China, N. Korea, Burma, Zimbabwe... :stirthepo

Tough choice!! :hmmm:

I agree a lot of places are currently worse, but that is no excuse to allow us to go that route. The funny thing about your rights is, you don't miss them until they are gone and you need them.

Let me see :hmmm:

Freedom and personnel rights in the US and western Europe vs lets say...Pakistan, Iran, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Russia, China, N. Korea, Burma, Zimbabwe... :stirthepo

Tough choice!! :hmmm:

Another one of these pathetic low self esteem righties. What else could be the explanation of why they accept being "not as bad as..." versus wanting their country to be the best?

Seriously, why do guys like you simply give a pass to the homegrown bad guys yet scream your heads off at furriners who do the same thing? I'd think it would be the other way around, if you really loved your country. :dunno:

Regards,

SD

Funny, I was talking to a guy at work about GWB, and some fuck wit pipes in with "...well Clinton lied also..." as though that somehow makes it o.k. for Georgie boy to do the same...that logic following, I can kill rape, rob etc, because someone else did the same or worse...

Regarding patriotism etc, I think it was Jefferson who said (paraphrasing here) "...a patriot is not someone who blindly loves his country/government, rather it is someone who has an occasional lover's quarrel with it..."

I don't know, for better or worse, I joined the army, served my country in hostile actions, came home, and yet somehow, some people think I don't love my country simply because I don't just go along with the program...mind you so many of these types never served a second. WHere were these people when they were of military age?

Archived