Latest Pattaya Write-Up in Lonely Planet

MooNoi

With respect to the families, Asian tour groups and backpackers, I wish they'd all fuck off.

There are a thousand places for then to go already in Thailand. Why do they need to come and muscle in on Pattaya, the sex capital of the world? :dunno:

It's because of them that the streets are clogged and hotels are increasingly charging joiner fees. :mad:

As with Patpong and Nana, as these kind of tourists increase, bars will get tamer, full of crappy shows, etc. More attention will be paid to cleaning things up, etc.

Why the fuck would anyone want to take their kids down Walking Street? :dunno:

(Yes, I also wish the young British louts would fuck off too and leave it to us nice polite chaps. :) )

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:yeahthat: Damn straight! Why do they need to shoulder in on a good thing and try to turn it into something else, when they could go to so many other places that are more beautiful, with as much to do? It just leads to more uncomfortable oil-and-water experiences in restaurants and hotels when the sex tourists brush up against the family types, more cops needing to show they're earning their paychecks through pointless rules and raids, more traffic, higher prices, touts out for the easy kill, and other evils... At least I hardly see them when I'm there, thanks to my strictly nocturnal schedule. Should I ever need to go on a wholesome "sun-kissed pursuit of happiness", I'll go elsewhere...

Yes, chaps, Pattaya has/is changing. More upidy fancy smancy high rise hotels replacing the canvass tent covered beer bars where many a night (and day) I did spend.

Stroll down walking street and watch the Japanese/Asian/Europen tour guides point out the gals dancing the glass window upstairs facing street. Get the video cameras out to picture the dancing Russian gals.

There are more tour groups 'watching' the action that punters making the action on Walking Street of late.

Just let me slip down Soi Diamond and walk into one of the nice air-conditioned gogos and let me sip my cola with a bunch of naked or half naked gals swarming me ! Hey, number 52 ain't that bad looking!

I'm in Pattaya now and it is getting a little annoying and noticeable, especially when it's getting harder to find rooms and I keep bumping into tubby farang females with their boyfriends or husbands in lifts and lobbies and gyms.

Why the fuck do they want to come here when there's a million other places that could serve what they want? Yet there are only 2 sanuk cities in the world with naked barfineable gogo girls. :mad:

The family tourism in Pattaya is more than double compared with the sextourism already and in the future it will be even worse. The russians "quality tourists" are the sort of people that thai authorities want to see, not horny lonesome farangs......... :evil:

Really? Where do you get those figures from?

From casual observation, it still (thankfully) isn't that bad - around Walking Street and the main 'business' areas anyway.

And I can't believe the average family or fat bird with boyfriend spends more on whatever than the average sex tourist splashes on his two week fantasy.

But what kind of mentality would make you want to stay there anyway? Wtf? They might as well be in Spain.

I haven't here but it was from Pattaya tourism last time I was there in july. But you can go to the restaurants in Naklua, Festival Center, Mikes shopping mall and you'll find the russians couples everywhere, also walking in WS in the nights... :evil:

And I can't believe the average family or fat bird with boyfriend spends more on whatever than the average sex tourist splashes on his two week fantasy.

Perhaps, but the average punter is spending his money on Ho's and LD's, instead of overpriced hotels and tourist attractions. You think the local politicians give a rats arse how much money Noi and Lek get?

Archived