Latest Pattaya Write-Up in Lonely Planet

MooNoi

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been travelling to Pattaya with a dreadlocked freind once when I was around 25. That bastard had a great time and of all the friends I've ever been there with, he had most feebies I've seen and the bg's were all over young nalak white guy with strange hair. The other punters sure must have hated him :)

Personally I would also change youngish drunk loud English groups of football fans any day for basic backpacking punters. That said I also probably travel to Thailand next time with a backpack because i gonna change location many times and it's just the easiest device to drag your stuff to the next place.

Guest lazyphil

give me the retired saga holiday makers to share a beer with than any of the mentioned and not....the backpackers or beer swilling yobs....or braggart knowitall expats :D

Sometimes, I think Lonely Planet points out "wicked sex spots" with a wink wink nod nod attitude.

Like, they tell you where to avoid prostitution in Budapest. "Tourists avoid areas 6 & 7 because of the sex trade."

Of course, the first place I head to is area 6 & 7.

But someone has got to do it :neener:

Damn you are making me feel old now. Reminded me of the theme tune to "Dirty Jobs" series on Discovery channel "Its a Dirty Job, But someones Gotta do it" which is in fact the chorus from "We Care a Lot" by Faith no More from the "Introduce Yourself" Album.

I just did a quick internet search to see when in was released and it was 1987 .... Fux 20 years ago, it does not seem that long.

Pattaya is about the least likely place in Thailand a backpacker would wanna visit...

here are 3 great pieces of advive qouted from this thread

"give me the retired saga holiday makers to share a beer with than any of the mentioned and not....beer swilling yobs....or braggart knowitall expats"

"Personally I would also change youngish drunk loud English groups of football fans any day for basic backpacking punters."

"overly tattooed, pissed up wankers though.....give me backpackers anytime"

amen

exit2dos >Sometimes, I think Lonely Planet points out "wicked sex spots" with a wink wink nod nod attitude.

Like, they tell you where to avoid prostitution in Budapest. "Tourists avoid areas 6 & 7 because of the sex trade."

Of course, the first place I head to is area 6 & 7.<

Yes, when travelling around in LOS, I always have a LP in the car, because they are so good to point out which hotels are dodgy, helps find the ST hotels and the talent in a strange town.

Archived