Bargirl cold calling?!

bibblies

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been getting more psycho calls generally lately and it must be getting to me. The other day, I went to extend my visa and the (fairly mature) woman taking the form asked me to write down my mobile number.

I always put down a fake number when asked. Of course the main reason I do that is because I can never remember my own number and can't be bothered looking it up. Hell I have trouble remembering how many digits there are in a Thai mobile number.

I've worked in Thailand for over four years and can not tell you my office's phone number without pulling out a business card or looking it up in my mobile phonebook.

Of all the people I have dealt with on a daily basis the total number of phone numbers I can recall from memory is ZERO. This includes the g/f of three years as well.

I suck at remembering this kind of thing, but ask me who won the NCAA basketball Final Four from 1985 onwards and I can do it in a heartbeat.

There are some girls you might want to meet up if you, say, want to avoid spicys at 3 am. And so you exchange numbers. Problem is that your initial judgment about their warranting an entry on your mobile might have been wrong - and she ends calling and calling every night.

Although I save the numbers with a name, I sometimes cannot link the name with the person. It's even harder with BGs named, say Noi or Lek. I have four Nois, and there is one Noi who is hot and another who is dangerous. I cannot figure out which is which since my system of naming them "Noi1", "Noi2"...is totally useless. I need to come up with a code.

Do what I do. Just put where you meet them after their name - or a little reminder.

eg. (Names below not real!)

NoiMint (Peppermint)

TikRB1 (Rainbow 1)

LekToyBB (Toy Beer Bar)

DaSuk6 (Da Met on Sukhumwit Near Corner of Soi 6)

YingWTF (What-the-fuck I've woken up in my bed with a girl who apparently goes by the name of Ying)

See? Easy! :D

Although I save the numbers with a name, I sometimes cannot link the name with the person. It's even harder with BGs named, say Noi or Lek. I have four Nois, and there is one Noi who is hot and another who is dangerous. I cannot figure out which is which since my system of naming them "Noi1", "Noi2"...is totally useless. I need to come up with a code.

Yet anonther advert for having Caller ID that also shows a Picture as well as name when you recieve an incoming call, when you take their number also take her photo and add the photo to the profile, saves a lot of confusion.

Another add-on I utilise is "Call Control", that is a call will be accepted or rejected dependent on how you set up the profile.

I tell my "Friends" in Pattaya only to call me between 6PM and 11PM Mon-Thu Night, ie after work before bed and not back in BKK at the weekend and based on that set up the call / sms filter accordingly. It also works well for work contacts, I block all calls before 8AM Mon-Fri but accept them up until 8PM, weekends restricted to 10-3. You can also send an automatic sms to anyone who calls when you have them blocked, mine is " I am Currently Unavailable. Please call at the times I am availale ", they soon learn.

When a number is blacklisted it is also invisable on your contacts list so I have no worries if my wife decides to check my contacts list whilst I am in the bathroom or asleep.

After years of carrying three mobiles (Work, Casual, Private) I can now use just one.

Archived