Laos - Passport Required?

unit731

Funny - I did this just yesterday, not a bar girl that is but wife.

She needed her I.D., they take a photo, 30 minutes later you have her piece of paper and away you go!

As said, 3 days is the limit, my wife overstayed once, can't remember what the rate was but 1 day only and we had to pay something.

Otherwise Thai passport can stay much longer.

What did Canada do to annoy Laos? Out of the new list of Visa fees, Canada was the highest!

OHHH

VERY IMPORTANT

Immigration, the people who "Authorise" that piece of paper close around 4.30/5pm I think, I got caught once that way, get there before 4 to be safe. The paper needs to get ok'd at the Immigration Office which is about a few Km's away from the crossing they CAN'T do that at crossing after 4.30/5 ish

When I tried to cross with 'Nok' about 5 years ago (visa run for me, to be combined with 'look around VT markets' for her, we assumed that coming from a border province she didn't need anything but her ID card. (Previously i remember in Nakhon Panom crossing with her and her mum to Thakek for a few hours, no hassles.)

Anyway, at the Friendship bridge i had my passsport stamped first, then when she handed in her ID card, he gave her a spiel about needing another document. I couldn't come back into Thailand with her to get it, so gave her money to do so, Instead , she blew a fuse, and stomped of back to NongKai.

When I got back to the Pantawee hotel several hours later carrying my duty free, she was sulking in her room.Oh, the moods of (ex)BGs......

Archived