Singers Who Cannot Sing

Fiery Jack

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suppose you could argue that Neil Young can't sing for toffee if you listen to his voice, but somehow it's perfect.

I agree with you about Ian Brown though, I saw them live in Manchester in the late 80's and i thought the guy was either stoned or just taking the piss. I have never heard in my life a worse attempt at singing than that guy's performance. How on earth did they mix the album's to make it sound as if he could sing :dunno:

Siouxsie Sioux was outstanding when I saw her. Toured with Robert Smith on guitar in the Banshees...

That was the same tour I saw her on, mate. Edinburgh Playhouse. Suicide were supporting them. I must've just got her on a bad night.

I'd seen the Banshees twice previously, when John McGeoch :bow::rip::bow: was on guitar. Whether or not she was yodelling in tune on those twin occasions, however, is not a question that I am the man to ask, for it was during my "bohemian" post-college period and, to tell the truth, I have little or no memory of either event . : :clown::hippie::relieved::drunk:

Banshees question: whatever happened to John McKay, the original guitarist who (arguably) pioneered thair spiky screechy guitar sound (from The Scream through Ju Ju/Join Hands, I think or had he buggered off by Ju Ju?)? No info on the internet. :(

Oh, and another dude I saw play live who couldn't sing a note in tune to save his life was/is Jean Jacques Burnel out of the Stranglers. :doah: Not that it mattered with the kind of stuff they were doing, like. :bangit:

jack :help:

That was the same tour I saw her on, mate. Edinburgh Playhouse. Suicide were supporting them. I must've just got her on a bad night.

jack :help:

I saw them here in Sydney. Think it was at the Hordern Pavilion. Opening number was Isreal. Probably one of the best songs I have ever seen performed live. Did you ever see John Cooper Clarke?

He was different.

Archived